Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - charlie0440 - 2015-12-16

github: https://github.com/CharlieMarshall/OpenELEC.tv/commits/retro6.0
pastebin: compile output

I forked garbears OpenElec, rebased that with the latest OpenElec 6.0
Amended it to use garbears latest kodi

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2015-12-16

Code:
make[2]: Entering directory '/mnt/Disk11/github/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel/kodi-15.2-de1aa40/xbmc/games'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'ControllerManager.o', needed by 'games.a'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/Disk11/github/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel/kodi-15.2-de1aa40/xbmc/games'
Makefile:489: recipe for target 'xbmc/games/games.a' failed
make[1]: *** [xbmc/games/games.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Stale build files

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - merlink - 2015-12-17

I'm using this build and some strange effects occur (hw: Intel Nuc I5):

OpenELEC Generic x86_64: OpenELEC-RetroPlayer-20151027-e83fc3b-Generic.x86_64-5.95.5.zip

If I'm inside a film, open them menu and try f.e. disable subtitles, the menu hangs for long time.

Remote is not responding anymore for up to 10 Minutes.

Also often I get some hangs together with PVR/Tvheadand or some streaming plugins.

I didn't test a normal build of openelec for now, so it could also be an openelec problem.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2015-12-17

The problem has been fixed, but it's been such a long time since I've done an OE build that it looks like it hasn't made it in yet. An OE build using the latest source should fix the problem.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - tribalize - 2015-12-17

testing new release. Getting no input from logitech 530 controller. Last build the controller would control KODI and allow keymapping under the games keymapping window. joystick control is turned on.

here is the debug log if it any help. http://xbmclogs.com/pt2owbsbw

thanks for all of the hard work garbear. i watch this thread daily. Much appreciated.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2015-12-17

I just finished a tutorial that should fix your input problems. Please see How to configure controllers

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2015-12-18

I also uploaded new builds. They contain some keymaps that you are now rushing to produce by following the link above.

(2015-12-17, 16:47)merlink Wrote: I'm using this build and some strange effects occur (hw: Intel Nuc I5):

OpenELEC Generic x86_64: OpenELEC-RetroPlayer-20151027-e83fc3b-Generic.x86_64-5.95.5.zip

If I'm inside a film, open them menu and try f.e. disable subtitles, the menu hangs for long time.

Remote is not responding anymore for up to 10 Minutes.

Also often I get some hangs together with PVR/Tvheadand or some streaming plugins.

I didn't test a normal build of openelec for now, so it could also be an openelec problem.

I've just confirmed that build e83fc3b does have the fix. So I'm not sure why it's freezing. Can you post a debug log?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - rob hodge - 2015-12-18

Are there any test builds available for for linux?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - Scourge - 2015-12-18

I upgraded my NUC (Win10 64bit) to the latest build last night. Have not tried Retroplayer in this build yet, but I did notice something strange in the movie library. Many (but not all) of the movies that were previously marked 'watched' appeared in my (filtered) library. Reboot did not help and I had to manually mark the movies again. Did never happened during previous upgrades. Anyone else notice this?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - merlink - 2015-12-18

I'll have a look this weekend.

(2015-12-18, 07:36)rob hodge Wrote: Are there any test builds available for for linux?

Sorry, you'll have to compile from source.

What kind of package are you expecting? .deb?

(2015-12-18, 14:37)merlink Wrote: I'll have a look this weekend.

Thanks, let us know what you find.

(2015-12-18, 11:03)Scourge Wrote: I upgraded my NUC (Win10 64bit) to the latest build last night. Have not tried Retroplayer in this build yet, but I did notice something strange in the movie library. Many (but not all) of the movies that were previously marked 'watched' appeared in my (filtered) library. Reboot did not help and I had to manually mark the movies again. Did never happened during previous upgrades. Anyone else notice this?

Usually debug logs have some kind of hint as to what's going wrong. I'm not sure what I'd look for, but if you post a debug log I'll look through it.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - rob hodge - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-18, 23:09)garbear Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 07:36)rob hodge Wrote: Are there any test builds available for for linux?

Sorry, you'll have to compile from source.

What kind of package are you expecting? .deb?

preferably. i'm running a kodibuntu install and wanted to try it out, without going thru the hassle rolling my own and potentially breaking my package management forcing it in.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - charlie0440 - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-16, 23:22)garbear Wrote: Ah. Fixed 3 hours ago by e0d9a19. I just pushed the fix

Didn't see this. Ta all works fine.

OpenELEC Generic x86_64: rebased on latest OpenElec 6.0 and garbears latest work, build available here

Built using my repo: https://github.com/CharlieMarshall/OpenELEC.tv/commits/retro6.0
OpenElec from 6.0 branch: ba32c43
Kodi from Garbear commit: 2b3807d

@garbear feel free to add it to the first post