XBMC for Windows - Where to downoad?
Hi all nice easy one but can't find a download for it anywhere. I want to test it out.

If you know of a link please let me know.

Cheers
-
also the xbmc_pc.exe included with t3ch build isn't the SDL/OpenGL XBMC, instead it's the xbox port
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not sure why someone has not posted a link... posting Legal Open Source compiled material should be fine, rightHuh
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
im pretty sure there is a link in the developers forum. Doesnt sound real usable though. hence why there is no end user link.
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...stcount=45
pike Wrote:also the xbmc_pc.exe included with t3ch build isn't the SDL/OpenGL XBMC, instead it's the xbox port

Ahh... that's why I've been a little confused on all of this. I keep reading about how people are running fullscreen with the -fs switch and a bunch of other things and I've been pulling my hair out over because I can't duplicate it.

Is the plan to eventually replace the XBMC_PC.exe included in the T3CH builds with the SDL/OpenGL version?
Kinda apples and oranges. The T3CH XBMC_PC.exe was only intended as a tool for skinners. This is the linuxport branch compiled for windows.
cheers,

crazyivan
CrazyIvan: XBMC_PC.exe was only intended as a tool for skinners BECAUSE thats all teh developer who worked on it wanted. There is no barrier stopping it from turning into a fully feldge working XBMC like on Xbox, other then developer intrest.

Note) XBMC_PC.exe for 'skinners' could actualy be used to play movies its just not all the features are there like SMB shares, and system infomation and such.
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Then what is the best to use ? XBMC_PC.exe included in the T3CH builds, or the linuxport branch compiled for windows?

I only have tried XBMC_PC.exe, and most thing work, only get black and white in movies but the rest actually work well.
XBMC_PC from T3CH is only for skinning purposes. Full screen SDL build made from linux branch is the cream on our cherry pie Smile

DP
Ok, I have to try this then. Can someone who have made this work please make a step to step guide, or make this availible for download in a easy way?
I seem to be either blind or crazy, reading through this thread, I don't see where to download XBMC for windows? Could anyone provide a link?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows - Where to downoad?0