Android Kodi Youtube - access being restricted at night
Two days ago, in the evening, my access to Kodi Youtube was denied. When I attempted to input a search request, it would not process it. Instead it would default to a screen that said Channels, Playlists, Live. This occurred on all TVs and my phone. Using an new API KEY hasn't changed anything. However, in the morning everything again functions normally. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is Google again trying to interfere with the use of Kodi Youtube?
Viewers spent more time watching YouTube in 2023 than on Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+, or any other streaming service, according to Nielsen ...

Suspect your issue is ISP related more than Kodi, but it's possible that Google has their hands on the API, but other users are not reporting this yet.
(2024-02-21, 05:22)lennyceb1 Wrote: Two days ago, in the evening, my access to Kodi Youtube was denied. When I attempted to input a search request, it would not process it. Instead it would default to a screen that said Channels, Playlists, Live. This occurred on all TVs and my phone. Using an new API KEY hasn't changed anything. However, in the morning everything again functions normally. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is Google again trying to interfere with the use of Kodi Youtube?

You must update with the latest version 7.0.3 beta3 from here :

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases

A new inscription must be done.
Clearly, Kodi Youtube is a favorite app.

I continued to experience no access to Youtube again this evening. I use the Surfshark VPN while on Kodi. I tried to see if changing my location to another country, but I got the same result. It doesn't matter which version of Kodi I used.

However, I did discover that I'm able to access Youtube with the Favorites I have saved. These Favorite locations are saved (with all of their necessary internet access data) in a file named Favorites.xml. When I discovered this this afternoon, I loaded up with several locations that I wanted to review later this evening. I was able to access all of the sites I 
saved.

Finally, I disconnected my phone from the internet and used the mobile data to see if my ISP was the culprit of the my problem. I have Verizon as my ISP and T-mobile as my telephone provider. My phone again failed in the same way it had with the internet connection.

At this point I can only assume that Google is the culprit. I'm hoping they don't find a way to thwart my way of using my favorites during the evening hours, since at this point I'm at their mercy.
Thanks for the information on needing to install the latest version of PLUGIN.VIDEO.YOUTUBE-MASTER.ZIP. I installed the Zip file update in Kodi. The first time I ran Youtube, I received the error message about having exceeded my time limit. Subsequent attempts were simply blocked as noted in my initial post. I was simply sent to the same screen as noted before with NO error message. I have an API key in the API settings screen along with the Client ID and the Client Secret. I obtained the new API last night. At this point, I have no idea what to do next.
As usual, in the morning, I was able to access Youtube without any difficulty. However, I decided not to stay on Youtube more than 15 - 20 minutes today. Despite this fact, when I attempted to access it this evening (with my old API then no API and finally with a new API) I kept receiving the message that my request could not be completed because I had EXCEEDED MY QUOTA. At this point, it appears that QUOTA is some unknown commodity or they are blocking my request based on a specific timeframe (during the evening). Thankfully, I am still able to access Youtube through the favorites I have saved in KODI.

It seems rather odd to me that no one else has been blocked for having EXCEEDED their QUOTA.

I'll post again if I am somehow able to determine the cause of my issue.
I apologize for incorrectly entering my post on to the wrong area of the forum. I'm 75 and don't use social media and haven't participated on a forum in many years. I just realized that my post had been moved to another area in the forum. Thanks for moving it to the proper location.
(2024-02-23, 05:12)lennyceb1 Wrote: I apologize for incorrectly entering my post on to the wrong area of the forum. I'm 75 and don't use social media and haven't participated on a forum in many years. I just realized that my post had been moved to another area in the forum. Thanks for moving it to the proper location.
Don't worry I give you a answer in the good place :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3185330
I have the same sort of issue...    

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3185344
So that it doesn't remain so empty here: It's happened to me lately too. Every day, approximately between 22:00 UTC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Youtube - access being restricted at night0