Release Home Assistant Kodi Addon (HAKA!)
Mine is simply

xml:
<settings version="2">
<setting id="haServer">http://IP Address:8123</setting>
<setting id="haToken">MyTokenHere</setting>
<setting id="importAutomations">true</setting>
<setting id="importClimate">true</setting>
<setting id="importGroups">true</setting>
<setting id="importLights">true</setting>
<setting id="importPersons">true</setting>
<setting id="importScenes">true</setting>
<setting id="importScripts">true</setting>
<setting id="importSensors">true</setting>
<setting id="importSwitches">true</setting>
<setting id="importVacuums">true</setting>
<setting id="useFavourites">true</setting>
<setting id="logEnabled">true</setting>
</settings>

And it works fine (haven't had time to set much up on this particular box, but the addon works without issue).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-06, 17:38)DarrenHill Wrote: Mine is simply

xml:
<settings version="2">
<setting id="haServer">http://IP Address:8123</setting>
<setting id="haToken">MyTokenHere</setting>
<setting id="importAutomations">true</setting>
<setting id="importClimate">true</setting>
<setting id="importGroups">true</setting>
<setting id="importLights">true</setting>
<setting id="importPersons">true</setting>
<setting id="importScenes">true</setting>
<setting id="importScripts">true</setting>
<setting id="importSensors">true</setting>
<setting id="importSwitches">true</setting>
<setting id="importVacuums">true</setting>
<setting id="useFavourites">true</setting>
<setting id="logEnabled">true</setting>
</settings>

And it works fine (haven't had time to set much up on this particular box, but the addon works without issue).

I tried yours, and adjusted ip and token
and still it asks me to edit settings 
Grr
Are you also on latest version cause when i use your settings, and i go into the addon>settings, its blank

I tried even with mouse to copy paste the token but without luck
I just cant put the token inside the addon
Pity cause i wanted this to work
@Jasper_H585 can you help me here?
Cant find a way to put in this token
One thought - is Kodi running when you're trying to set the file up directly?

If so then perhaps try doing it with Kodi shut down, as it could perhaps block or reset things.

If it isn't running then I've no more ideas I'm afraid.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-10, 19:49)DarrenHill Wrote: One thought - is Kodi running when you're trying to set the file up directly?

If so then perhaps try doing it with Kodi shut down, as it could perhaps block or reset things.

If it isn't running then I've no more ideas I'm afraid.
No, kodi isnt running, just the shield
After editing , or adding your version, then i start up kodi

Are you on latest version?
Pity, perhaps creator of the addon can make smth to import settings or smth, i dunno, been thinking how i can paste the code, but even with a mouse its not possible

and with the web interface (chorus) either
I'm out of ideas how to copy paste it
I've tried it on Matrix under Windows and on a Pi (LibreElec) and both work for me.

In the end it's just editing a text file, so I'm at a loss too as to what else to suggest.

Kodi Blog Posts
Pity you dont have shield or other android box
I just cant selext the complete token and copy paste it
Putting the settings file in place of the original one... gives me strange results.
Unless im doing it wrong, and replacing the wrong one?
After replacing, the settings in the addon is blank
What do you mean by strange results?

The file you should be working with is addon_data/script.program.homeassistant/settings.xml , with the addon_data folder a sub-folder from your userdata (wiki) one.

So for Android, it should be something like

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.program.homeassistant/settings.xml

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-11, 11:17)DarrenHill Wrote: What do you mean by strange results?

The file you should be working with is addon_data/script.program.homeassistant/settings.xml , with the addon_data folder a sub-folder from your userdata (wiki) one.

So for Android, it should be something like

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.program.homeassistant/settings.xml
Aha! Perhaps there you have it !
Gonna retry
I was adjusting settings under android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.program.homeassistant/resources/settings.xml
Yes!
The token is now in the addon, phew, one step further.
However,  i get a home assistant fault, strange :p it says look at log
Ok the addon starts
Which is great
However when i click lights, i get an error

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'KeyError'> Error Contents: 'friendly_name' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.program.homeassistant/addon.py", line 383, in <module> loadFolder(params['type'], params['domain']) File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.program.homeassistant/addon.py", line 202, in loadFolder createFolderList(searchKey, response, domain, folderType) File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.program.homeassistant/addon.py", line 235, in createFolderList label = response[entity]['attributes']['friendly_name'] KeyError: 'friendly_name' -->End of Python script error report<-- 2021-04-11 13:02:19.495 T:10725 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped 2021-04-11 13:02:19.512 T:10724 ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.program.homeassistant/?domain=light&mode=loadfolder&type=domain 2021-04-11 13:02:19.522 T:10600 ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.program.homeassistant/?domain=light&mode=loadfolder&type=domain) failed

Any idea?
That I'd have to leave to @Jasper_H585, as I'm no programmer.

All I could suggest is perhaps to uninstall and reinstall the addon (and then put your token etc in again), in case all the other attempts before have damaged something.

But beyond that, no idea.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-11, 13:10)DarrenHill Wrote: That I'd have to leave to @Jasper_H585, as I'm no programmer.

All I could suggest is perhaps to uninstall and reinstall the addon (and then put your token etc in again), in case all the other attempts before have damaged something.

But beyond that, no idea.
thx anyway!
(2021-04-11, 11:47)Skank Wrote: Ok the addon starts
Which is great

Any idea?
By the looks of it there's a friendly name of an entity it can't show. Do you have any lights with non-English characters in it? Please enable "Debug logging" in the addon settings and try to post the logs here.
(2021-04-11, 17:56)Jasper_H585 Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 11:47)Skank Wrote: Ok the addon starts
Which is great

Any idea?
By the looks of it there's a friendly name of an entity it can't show. Do you have any lights with non-English characters in it? Please enable "Debug logging" in the addon settings and try to post the logs here.
All my lights have normal characters, just some have an underscore...
_

is that a problem? dont tell me yes pls Smile
I will post the log here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Assistant Kodi Addon (HAKA!)0