• 31(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
I have a few episodes in various series where the nfo file is not created, even though the log indicates "Found episode match". I've attached the log.
Quote:[Scanner] [RegexGetTVEpisode] Found episode match \\server3\video\TV Shows\NCIS (2003)\Season 20\NCIS s20e22 - Black Sky (WEBDL-720p x264 DDP 5.1 subs).mkv (s20e22) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\/]*)$]

Ember log 2023-05-24

These are the episodes:
  • Blue Bloods s13e21
  • Blacklist s10e12 and s10e13
  • NCIS s20e21 and s20e22

Also don't understand why I'm getting all these errors?
  • \extrafanart" has been skipped (path name is "extrafanart")
  • .actors" has been skipped (path name is ".actors")

UPDATE: I forgot to mention I've been on v1.11.1 x64 for a long time.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Feature request:  MP4 tag manager/updater ? 

Dan, I hope this message finds you well, I've been using EMM for years and it's a great program, thank you very much. 

Recently I've been having problems downloading movies in MP4 format that have title tags embedded, when I scrape with Plex and "prefer local data" it uses the MP4 tag even if I have an EMM nfo in there, and it shows up in my library with the title tag that I don't want, for example: "Werewolves.Within.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x265-RARBG".  This can complicate search in Plex because if I search for "werewolves" it will show up, but if I search for "werewolves within" it will not. 

I've been editing the MP4 tags manually in windows explorer, just deleting the title in file properties, and this fixes the problem upon rescraping metadata in Plex. 

I'm wondering if EMM will have the functionality to edit/update tags?  I see there is a "tag manager" in the "Tools" submenu, but when I try to use it EMM crashes with an "object reference is not set to an instance of an object" error. 

Is this something that "tag manager" will do in the future with an update?  Is there another way to use EMM to automatically update MP4 tags upon scraping? 

Thank you for your time. 

- Logan
(2023-05-25, 02:16)CaptainKen Wrote: I have a few episodes in various series where the nfo file is not created, even though the log indicates "Found episode match". I've attached the log.
Quote:[Scanner] [RegexGetTVEpisode] Found episode match \\server3\video\TV Shows\NCIS (2003)\Season 20\NCIS s20e22 - Black Sky (WEBDL-720p x264 DDP 5.1 subs).mkv (s20e22) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\/]*)$]

Ember log 2023-05-24

These are the episodes:
  • Blue Bloods s13e21
  • Blacklist s10e12 and s10e13
  • NCIS s20e21 and s20e22

Also don't understand why I'm getting all these errors?
  • \extrafanart" has been skipped (path name is "extrafanart")
  • .actors" has been skipped (path name is ".actors")

UPDATE: I forgot to mention I've been on v1.11.1 x64 for a long time.

Hi Dan hoping you can find time to help me figure out the cause of the failed scrapping?
Hello,

I got 2 bugs but no logs about them (they dont create an error).

1. E.g. the Movie "Once upon a time in china" is scraped as "Starflight One" automatically (Ask if there is more than one...) if i start the scraper manually (Strg+I) it finds the correct one - this happens - maybe it is possible to get an control function? Because often I dont recognize the wrong Entries.

2. about 5% of my movies wont be touched the scraper ignores them. I have to scrape them manually one by one (Strg+I again).
are we able to get Australian classification X18+ added in?
Sad 
(2023-04-24, 19:56)freisgd Wrote: I've been using this tool for a long time now, but recently I've been experiencing problems.
I have applied the IMDB batch, and that made it worse.  Before the patch I was going to IMDB getting he tt# and then pasting into the manual lookup, which worked for many items.  Since I applied the patch, nothing works anymore. I did enable IMDB on the Movie and TV pages of the Settings. If I tell EMM to re-scrape a movie, it says reading from TVDB, then it comes up with an exception error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScraperModule.Scraper.SearchMovie(String title, String year)
   at ScraperModule.Scraper.bwIMDB_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

What is troubling is if you EMM to Continue it says searching TVDB, Huh, TVDB is not even enabled on the Movie settings, and I even went in a disabled TVDB on all pages, it it still says searching TVDB. If you Quit, the program does not quit, you have to open task manager and kill the processes.

I even tried a complete reinstall and I get the same behavior.  What am I doing wrong?

Exact same issues I'm having
(2023-06-09, 05:57)Kovu1102 Wrote: are we able to get Australian classification X18+ added in?

You can add it manually while waiting for official updates in the Defaults\DefaultRatings.xml file.

I use the following:
Code:

<ratings>
  <movies>
    <name searchstring="Australia:G">
      <icon>au/australia_g.png</icon>
      <country>australia</country>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:PG-13">
      <icon>au/australia_pg13.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:PG">
      <icon>au/australia_pg.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:R">
      <icon>au/australia_r.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:X">
      <icon>au/australia_x.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:MA-15">
      <icon>au/australia_ma.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:MA">
      <icon>au/australia_ma.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="Australia:M">
      <icon>au/australia_m.png</icon>
  </movies>
  <tv>
  </tv>
</ratings>

And also add pictures to Images\Ratings\au\ in png format.

"Australia:PG-13" == "Australia:M", pic too. Added for legacy scraper data.
Quote:Exact same issues I'm having
Welcome to the boat. If you browse earlier posts, you will note others suffering from the same behavior. I am actually glad to read reports about this, since earlier I was really wondering, do the the others not suffer from this at all or are they just too lazy to report about it. Apparently we are not loud enough to get the message to the developer.

I believe TVDB was sneaked into the process to solve the problems with IMDB. This has not succeded 100%, though.
(2023-07-23, 20:17)anhil Wrote: I believe TVDB was sneaked into the process to solve the problems with IMDB. This has not succeded 100%, though.

That's just a typo or a from translation file ID.

For months I've been so overwhelmed with my day job, I just very rarely find time to really make progress on the new version. But I will take care of updating the IMDb scraper again.
Dear Dan,

thank you for you answer and your time! I really appriciate your dedication for ember. take your time, i'm very happy with the program and can wait a little longer for the updated imdb scraper.

Be well
cgi
Good day folks,

I have some issues with Ember: automatic IMDB scraping does not work at all: no movie can be found, yet when I manually enter the IMDB id, it usually does find the selected movie. 
And with one series (Ahsoka) it doesn't recognize the series at all, even after manually entering the id (tt13622776)? 
Please advise...
Hitting Change Episode makes EMM unresponsive.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2023-08-30, 11:12)golikell Wrote: I have some issues with Ember: automatic IMDB scraping does not work at all: no movie can be found, yet when I manually enter the IMDB id, it usually does find the selected movie. 
And with one series (Ahsoka) it doesn't recognize the series at all, even after manually entering the id (tt13622776)? 
Please advise...
Wait for an update, IMDb has changed a lot on the website, also the scraper uses http instead of https (my fault). Use TMDb instead.
(2022-01-25, 02:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2022-01-24, 22:44)hslansky Wrote: Would you mind providing more detail and possibly an example.  I do not see any way to have artwork for movie sets go into more than the one folder name which needs to be specified in the path field......thanks
You have to use Ember 1.11.,. Go to Settings => Moviesets => Files & Sources => File Naming => Kodi => Matrix, set the same path like in Kodi and enable one or more checkboxes:

When you state "set the same path like in Kodi", you're referring to the Movie Set Information folder set in Kodi Setting->Media->Videos correct?

(2022-01-25, 14:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2022-01-25, 03:54)hslansky Wrote: Thanks, one last question:  Is there a way to migrate all of the images in the single directory(Pre Matrix) to the new format without re-scraping all of my moviesets?

1. Enable the new file names settings (and folder) and leave the old also enabled.
  2. Use Tools => Rewrite all Movieset Content to write the files with the new and old file name again
  3. Disable the old file name settings
  4. Remove the old files manually via Explorer
  5. Use Tools => Reload all Movieset Content to get the new image paths to the DB

I don't understand what you are referring to by old and new folder and settings? I only see a spot for one folder. I don't see a spot for new and old settings here: Settings => Moviesets => Files & Sources => File Naming => Kodi => Matrix

Should I have anything setup in Extended Images->Kodi Interface section or in the Kodi Addons or Expert tabs?
how do I update from version 1.9.2 and keep my settings and movie database intact? is this possible?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0