• 5(current)
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions
(2024-04-07, 10:26)Hitcher Wrote: Without debug logs, screenshots, skin used, addons affected, and ways to reproduce there's not a single thing we can do to help.

*no, the only skin I utilize on my iMac for a user friendly \ intuitive interface that incorporates all my visual art & video is Aeon Nox Silvo since about 2018(and I did a clean install last month on the last Nexus release to get all my movie, music video & TV show thumbnails to present in the fashionI am accustomed to) ~ thank you for your thoughtful & considered outreach
(2024-04-10, 11:43)atlanticcanadianscot Wrote: *no
No what? No you won't provide debug logs, etc?
(2024-04-10, 11:50)Hitcher Wrote:

I am having difficulty getting used to the configuration of this Forum ~ I mistakenly replied to you ~ if you wish to delve into my interface bugs to troubleshoot I would be delighted
(2024-04-07, 16:30)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2024-04-07, 08:03)atlanticcanadianscot Wrote: *smart move, that's exactly what I'll be doing ~ this release is so primitive & bare bones basic I expect another release in a week to bury the memory of this travesty

I can only presume you were using a skin that hasn't been updated for v21 and was forced back to the default Estuary. It's not our fault that skin dev's haven't updated their skins yet, so your best bet is the ask in the relevent forum section for the skin when or even if it will be updated.

*no, the only skin I utilize on my iMac for a user friendly \ intuitive interface that incorporates all my visual art & video is Aeon Nox Silvo since about 2018(and I did a clean install last month on the last Nexus release to get all my movie, music video & TV show thumbnails to present in the fashionI am accustomed to) ~ thank you for your thoughtful & considered outreach
(2024-04-10, 11:50)Hitcher Wrote:

*Thank You for your troubleshooting offer but on full consideration I'm not up to doing a Deep Uninstalling of Nexus & losing all my customizations just to reinstall Omega to get the Bug Log(I very ok for now with my current interface functionality on Nexus)
(2024-04-10, 03:10)CrystalP Wrote: @doktourtv the log is not of debug level and doesn't have as much information.
Does it come from the original attempt or from one of your listed steps? It's weird that it's as if Kodi was upgrading from v19 (Matrix) and not v20.

The log you attached has signs of duplication in the movie table, similar to previous users:

Code:
SQL: [MyVideos131.db] SQLite error SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_PRIMARYKEY (UNIQUE constraint failed: videoversion.idFile)
Query: INSERT INTO videoversion SELECT idFile, idMovie, 'movie', '0', '40400' FROM movie (UNIQUE constraint failed: videoversion.idFile)

It blocks the normal database migration from v20.

Exporting db with v20 / importing with v21 has some risk. It's not well-tested or supported and I don't know if there were changes that impact the format.
However exporting with v20 / deleting video db / re-importing with v20 is supposed to work to create a cleaner v20 database. You're then in better shape to upgrade the db to v21.

4) what really matters is that ALL the myvideosxxx.db files are deleted. There must not be any left, or Kodi will attempt to migrate from whichever file you kept instead of starting a new video db from scratch.

6) a debug log of that execution of Kodi would give clues why some are missing. You'd have to give specific examples of missing items because it's no fun looking blind at a huge log file.

8) unusual sort: that would be the scan order in 7) again debug log would give clues why some are still missing.

Thank you for your reply. I noticed as well that it appears to be trying to upgrade 19 as well as 20. I did upgrade from 19 to 20 before and perhaps some remnants remained. 

Anyway, I followed your steps and it worked. After exporting the db from 20 and deleting the myvideoxxxx.db from the database folder, then importing the exported data, the upgrade went smoothly without flaw.

Thanks again for the advice!
@hslansky your nfo file doesn't include hdr information in the streamdetails/video tags so it's not displayed in the skin.

@Colabacardi you likely have the same duplicate entry problem as the other users, but cannot say without a log of the migration to v21. Same workaround would also  likely work (export db with v20, delete all video databases, reimport with v20, then go to v21)
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-10, 18:10)CrystalP Wrote: @hslansky your nfo file doesn't include hdr information in the streamdetails/video tags so it's not displayed in the skin.

@Colabacardi you likely have the same duplicate entry problem as the other users, but cannot say without a log of the migration to v21. Same workaround would also  likely work (export db with v20, delete all video databases, reimport with v20, then go to v21)
I use the same nfo for V20 and V21. Did something change with V21 that the hdr tag is now required. This wasn’t the case with V20.
(2024-04-10, 18:36)hslansky Wrote: I use the same nfo for V20 and V21. Did something change with V21 that the hdr tag is now required. This wasn’t the case with V20.
Are these Kodi generated NFO's or did you use a manager/make them yourself?
I use Ember Media Manager. That really shouldn’t matter. The same nfo in V20 produces different results than V21. V20 shows the hdr flags, V21 does not.
(2024-04-10, 19:03)hslansky Wrote: I use Ember Media Manager. That really shouldn’t matter. The same nfo in V20 produces different results than V21. V20 shows the hdr flags, V21 does not.
I asked because the codecs in your NFO are different to what Kodi uses.

NFO: TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD

Kodi: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2

NFO: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Kodi: 3iv2, avc1, div2, div3, divx, divx 4, dx50, flv, h264, microsoft, mp42, mp43, mp4v, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpg4, rv40, svq1, svq3, theora, vp6f, wmv2, wmv3, wvc1, xvid
Might be related to this PR. Maybe this comment helps?
(2024-04-10, 19:26)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Might be related to this PR. Maybe this comment helps?
re:  Reading streamdetails by probing file vs using nfo.

I think there has long been some requirements discussion as far as which takes priority,  when is it refreshed, etc.  Assuming not a skin issue (and mikeSiLVO would know).

I see the wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#streamdetails says "Settings Will be overwritten on first play".  Not sure that is correct any more?

scott s.
I’m not talking about migration,
I have a clean fresh install and the category sets is missing from the skin.
through the node editor I guess it’s possible to make that node again but no luck with that so far.
 Thanks
(2024-04-10, 22:22)scott967 Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 19:26)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Might be related to this PR. Maybe this comment helps?
re:  Reading streamdetails by probing file vs using nfo.

I think there has long been some requirements discussion as far as which takes priority,  when is it refreshed, etc.  Assuming not a skin issue (and mikeSiLVO would know).

I see the wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#streamdetails says "Settings Will be overwritten on first play".  Not sure that is correct any more?

scott s.

I'm not sure either as it keeps being changed.

For now I believe we settled on what is in the nfo always having proirity when present, so the nfo HAS to include everything you want to be displayed, if there are any gaps you then have to add them to the nfo then refresh from the Info dialog, or to update directly from the files you do a refresh from the Info dialog saying you want to ignore local config and then you must export to update the nfo.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions0