• 71(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition
I use it with CE without any problems. My device is GT King II
(2024-05-17, 19:20)_BJ1 Wrote: This happens when too many Python scripts starting at same time and the Kodi Python engine kicks off. In the debug log you'll see at last a phyton script that causes the crash - and, in most cases this is not the same script. To avoid this, reduce your services that starts at startup. Disabling all unnecessary services can help. You can also try disabling the splash screen of the skin (skin settings >> extras).

Thanks for your reply.  Is there a way to see the services that are starting up and maybe delay them?
(2024-05-17, 23:20)gregeeh Wrote: Is there a way to see the services that are starting up and maybe delay them?

Yes, you see them starting up in debug log. You can't delay them. Reduce them.
### 4.2.0+nexus.18 ### 21.2.0.omega.17 ###

• watched/unwatched marker for items in addons fixed/improved
  • smaller top bar overlay, lyrics background in fullscreen added

Omega:
  • Improvements of video versions selection
(2024-05-16, 22:40)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 22:31)NeoCortex Wrote: In the case of extras, is there a way to access that version of the window (as opposed to the Extras Manager) for movies that do not have multiple versions?  It seems like accessing it through the Info screen is the only way to get there.

I don't know. I had to rip some extras from my own BluRays and had to evaluate this...

Just wanted to follow-up on this.  The Choose Version dialog comes up as long as there are multiple versions OR extras available.  In my earlier testing of the dialog window, I didn't think of playing a movie to get to a dialog for extras.  But that's a matter of the behavior in Kodi not being intuitive in that case, not a skin issue.  

Thanks for the window adjustments, though.  Looks a lot clearner not having the title repeated with every entry.
Since I'm getting lots of errors from Embuary Helper and Embuary Info, I'd like to do without them. Problem is, if I uninstall them, Kodi protests that it needs them for "this feature", without telling me what the feature is. What do I need to disable in skin settings to solve this?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Don't uninstall info/helper, just deacativate both. But you get rid off some functionality of the skin.

Especially dissapears:
  • some home widgets (especially tv shows next up etc.)
  • jump to letter
  • movie cast list in video info
  • next up in cinemas (widget)
  • extended info in video info

The better way is to report the errors via debug log in the forums: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300
Even if sualfred (the maintainer) is not active yet, maybe other Python Coders finding some solutions.
(2024-05-22, 06:27)_BJ1 Wrote: The better way is to report the errors via debug log in the forums: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300
Even if sualfred (the maintainer) is not active yet, maybe other Python Coders finding some solutions.
I wrote there. But my main gripe with this is that, as you mentioned, the skin relies on unsupported addons. Disabling Embuary Info and Helper gives errors in the logs. I have Kodi crashing more often than not, on a pretty much fresh installation... :-(

Obviously this is not against you but are you aware of any skin that supports skin shortcuts without relying on Embuary stuff? I honestly would be happy with regular Estuary if it supported skin shortcuts. Although I love many of the things you have done with this skin (Colors, transparency of backgrounds, and so on and so forth).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
The error you've described doesn't thrown by Embuary Helper. The exception is thrown by an imported module called arrow (script.module.arrow). There are two options:
  • script.module.arrow has to be fixed (recommended)
  • Embuary Helper/Info has to rid off of the arrow module

As a quick fix the exception handling in Python script C:\Program Files\Kodi 21\portable_data\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\constants.py Line 19 has to extend to: 

except (OverflowError, ValueError, OSError, AttributeError):

As I'm not using Windows, I'm not sure if this modification throws other exceptions. Btw. this exception does not occur on Unix (Ubuntu) nor Libre-/CoreElec. And, sualfred is/was also affected by this error: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3069038
(2024-05-23, 20:02)_BJ1 Wrote: The error you've described doesn't thrown by Embuary Helper. The exception is thrown by an imported module called arrow (script.module.arrow). There are two options:
  • script.module.arrow has to be fixed (recommended)
  • Embuary Helper/Info has to rid off of the arrow module

As a quick fix the exception handling in Python script C:\Program Files\Kodi 21\portable_data\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\constants.py Line 19 has to extend to: 

except (OverflowError, ValueError, OSError, AttributeError):

As I'm not using Windows, I'm not sure if this modification throws other exceptions. Btw. this exception does not occur on Unix (Ubuntu) nor Libre-/CoreElec. And, sualfred is/was also affected by this error: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3069038

I was seeing errors in CoreELEC too (probably different ones). I will report back once I get the time to experiment a bit more. For now I have disabled the two Embuary addons and I'm not seeing much missing (probably I wasn't using the functionalities involved much).
(2024-05-23, 23:21)ashlar Wrote: I was seeing errors in CoreELEC too (probably different ones).

This is a very vague statement, like "My car is broken". As long as the "error" is only displayed in the log and has no effect on Kodi, you can ignore it. Without a log, it is not possible to say whether the errors that have occurred are related to Embuary Helper/Info. So no log, no issue.

Program exceptions that lead to termination and a visible error notification are a different matter.
(2024-05-24, 06:07)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-05-23, 23:21)ashlar Wrote: I was seeing errors in CoreELEC too (probably different ones).

This is a very vague statement, like "My car is broken". As long as the "error" is only displayed in the log and has no effect on Kodi, you can ignore it. Without a log, it is not possible to say whether the errors that have occurred are related to Embuary Helper/Info. So no log, no issue.

Program exceptions that lead to termination and a visible error notification are a different matter.
Not to antagonize you, I am thankful for the work you put in the skin, but I did write "I will report back", didn't I? There is no need to remind me about "no log, no issue", I have a link in my signature specifically to educate people about that... :-)
can you tell me where the placement for the controls circled in red are located?

VideoOSD.xml, Nexus/Omega: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary....l#L39-L321

Please note that there are more buttons defined as in your screenshot. Most of them has a conditional visibility.
(2024-05-29, 16:53)_BJ1 Wrote: VideoOSD.xml, Nexus/Omega: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary....l#L39-L321

Please note that there are more buttons defined as in your screenshot. Most of them has a conditional visibility.

perfect thanks, i centered it instead of left aligned.

i see that the controls slide up but when they hide the gap at the bottom remains. is it possible to have the entire area slide up and down when the controls are active,inactive?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition0