• 8(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2022-12-13, 14:22)wallaceff Wrote: Thank you! I'll be waiting for it!
Out of interest, how do I knew when it actually gets updated? How long does that usually take?
For update notifications, tt depends a bit on how you have Kodi setup.  There's an option in the settings to get a notification when add-ons are updated, I just can't remember if it's on by default.

It's hard to say how long it will take for the update to be available.  Any time an add-on is updated, the code has to be reviewed by one of the members of the team (and in my case, not by me, you can't review your own code).  We're all volunteers, so sometimes someone is able to do a code review pretty quickly, and other times it takes awhile.
Thanks. And if I wanted to try and compile it myself while waiting... Could you tell me the exact steps?
(2022-12-14, 15:27)wallaceff Wrote: Thanks. And if I wanted to try and compile it myself while waiting... Could you tell me the exact steps?
You don't have to compile it.  All add-ons are just Python scripts.  You can download a copy in a zip file and manually install it if you really want to do that.

Go to:  https://github.com/pkscout/script.keymap

Click the green button that says CODE.  From the pop down box click the option that says DOWNLOAD ZIP.  In Kodi you can install add-ons from a zip file.  You might have to enable that option (it's off by default for better security) in the settings, but after that the addon will install from the zip file.

If these instructions don't make sense or aren't enough, you are probably best to wait until the update becomes available in the repo.
Thanks. Tried all that and have an error saying
""The dependency on Xbox.python version 2.19.0 could not be satisfied" and then doesn't not install.

Sorry to be annoying, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
(2022-12-15, 09:27)wallaceff Wrote: Thanks. Tried all that and have an error saying
""The dependency on Xbox.python version 2.19.0 could not be satisfied" and then doesn't not install.

Sorry to be annoying, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You are on a very old version of Kodi.  You must upgrade to Kodi Matrix (v19).  There were major changes to the addon structure and Python requirements with Kodi 19, so updates to the addon only support Matrix and later.
I'm on kodi matrix 19.3 for android though?
Matrix 19.3 is the latest version on the Google app store. Am U missing something?
(2022-12-15, 12:07)wallaceff Wrote: Matrix 19.3 is the latest version on the Google app store. Am U missing something?
Sorry, no.  I missed one thing you needed to do at on Github to get to the right version of the add-on.  Use this link instead:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.keymap/tree/matrix

Then follow the rest of the instructions I included before.  This is why we generally tell people to just wait for the repo update.
Thanks. Works awesomely!
hi @pkscout and thanks for this wonderful addon

it works on my tv and via hdmi cec i can remap buttons of the tv's remote for kodi purposes

one thing i was not able to find:
is there a shortcut to the subtitle menu (or any OSD submenu for that matter (audio/video)? I found "browse subtitles", "enable subtitles" etc but no option to bring up the subtitle menu itself. I often need to download subtitles and it would be awesome if this could be done w/o navigating the OSD everytime Smile

cheers
(2023-01-04, 16:23)theo08 Wrote: hi @pkscout and thanks for this wonderful addon

it works on my tv and via hdmi cec i can remap buttons of the tv's remote for kodi purposes

one thing i was not able to find:
is there a shortcut to the subtitle menu (or any OSD submenu for that matter (audio/video)? I found "browse subtitles", "enable subtitles" etc but no option to bring up the subtitle menu itself. I often need to download subtitles and it would be awesome if this could be done w/o navigating the OSD everytime Smile

cheers
There does not appear to be anyway to directly access that menu, so there's no way to add it to Keymap Editor.
Rainbow 
(2023-01-05, 00:38)pkscout Wrote: There does not appear to be anyway to directly access that menu, so there's no way to add it to Keymap Editor.
found it!
thhis website was immensely helpful: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#CEC_built-in's

turns out you find it under "windows"
there you'll find all the menus (audio, video and subtitle) even direct subtitle search Big Grin
works like a charm. thanks again!
Hi there,
first a special thanks to pkscout, for your work and this plugin.
I found it today and use it to switch easily throug the audio-streams. Then i tried to assign a key to switch throug the output devices to easily switch to bluetooth and back to HDMI. But i wasn't successful. Is there a way i didn't find?

Thank you for your Attention and kind regards

Leo
Hiya

I'm new to Kodi and so far I'm loving it (I came from WMC environment).  One thing I want to do is be able to use keymap editor addon to program my remote but not sure how I go about it.  I'm looking to assign a remote key to speed up playback, and another key to slow down playback.  But I'm not sure what this function is called in keymap to edit the key.  I know to do it on a normal keyboard it is ALT Left and ALT Right, but how do I use keymap editor to assign that function to a key on my remote.  If it helps, the remote I'm using is this one:

Backlit Wireless Keyboard 2.4G Air Mouse Keypad Remote Control for HDTV TV Box
@fatal.Lordes - your question/issue has been merged into the correct KeyMap Editor support thread (this current one).

Just a courtesy post in case you were wondering where it had gone.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0