• 22(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
@jdig4240 yes your right it definitely breaks gifs completely fine before unpacking tho hope there's a fix in the next update
@Cody Allen still having this problem in 2023 did you ever find a solution brother
@gemini88
@jjd-uk

Is the TextureTool still being used?

Unfortunately there is no version for Mac, so I imagine that those who develop on this system no longer use it.

I wonder if we will still need it for future versions of kodi, or we can also safely use .png images without having a drop in performance?
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
I stopped using it a couple years ago, not because it didn't work (on windows), but it does decompile gif correctly for me.
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
Tried to decompile even after reinstalling security patches above, only left with empty folder after decompile.

Ideas?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
I am probably going to add this to my list of things to pick up support for, I downloaded the 2.8.0 code and found a bunch of shit wrong with it. I now up rev'd it to version 3.0.0 and got it to compile and run.

I was getting 0 output previous, now I have decompiled an 86MB file shown here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3186854

I don't know about the .gif thing as I just started screwing with it because I am looking for some images within textures, but if someone can send me a sample with working gifs, I'll see my latest and greatest works on it without corrupting it.

I only have one issue is that it doesn't "stop" when the decompile is done, but it does it all... Not hard to work with, just need input.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Hi suup,

I tried and the Kodi team tried to reach out to you to see if you were still developing this tool. No one ever heard back. So I used your 2.8 version as a starting point and updated it as so much time as passed.

Just wanted to thank you for the time you put into the tool and wish you the best.

Updated tool can be found here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=377635

Regards,
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2