Release Image Resource selection script
I use a rule of "if multi" then "/ " otherwise ".png". I then use mutiimage for the control.

It works great, the same rule but with .jpg for fanart. Please don't change it too much.

To see I how use them check here.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2015-09-20, 20:04)MacGyver Wrote: Please don't change it too much.

changes will only affect the Foo.%i.OutlookIcon weather properties.
all Foo.%i.FanartCode properties (and everything else) will stay as they are.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks again for the script. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I just downloaded the latest from github a few minutes ago. Skin.HasSetting(Foo.multi) is working for weather icons, but I can't get it to work for weather fanart. I'm currently using StringCompare as a workaround.

It appears like the multi property is persistent for weather fanart because only the multi pack shows up when using Skin.HasSetting(Foo.multi) rather than StringCompare.

Thanks!

This works:
Code:
<variable name="DefWeatherFanart">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(weatherfanart.path),resource://resource.images.weatherfanart.multi/)">/</value>
        <value>.jpg</value>
</variable>

And this doesn't:
Code:
<variable name="DefWeatherFanart">
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(weatherfanart.multi)">/</value>
        <value>.jpg</value>
</variable
(2015-09-20, 22:02)braz Wrote: I just downloaded the latest from github a few minutes ago. Skin.HasSetting(Foo.multi) is working for weather icons, but I can't get it to work for weather fanart.

first, double-check if you have v0.0.5 of the script (it could take some time before it's propagated across all mirrors).
second, check the settings.xml file of your skin if the weatherfanart.multi setting is correctly set.

i can't think of a reason why the script wouldn't work for fanart.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i might as well make a support thread out of this. :-)
posts split into a new thread.
(2015-09-20, 22:15)ronie Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 22:02)braz Wrote: I just downloaded the latest from github a few minutes ago. Skin.HasSetting(Foo.multi) is working for weather icons, but I can't get it to work for weather fanart.

first, double-check if you have v0.0.5 of the script (it could take some time before it's propagated across all mirrors).
second, check the settings.xml file of your skin if the weatherfanart.multi setting is correctly set.

i can't think of a reason why the script wouldn't work for fanart.
I had 0.0.5 installed. When I opened my skin's settings.xml I noticed a bunch of truncated (garbage) entries. Deleted the file and restarted Kodi and it is working now.

Thanks!
Hello ronie,
I just test your script. thanks for that.
So far I have wetterfanarts, weathericons and moviegenreicons tested.
Moviegenreicons I have found that you can not use it in a container list it.

thats how it works in image control:
Code:
resource://resource.images.moviegenreicons.white/$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]

thats my value:
Code:
<variable name="MovieGenreIconVar">
    <value condition="System.HasAddon(script.image.resource.select) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(moviegenreicons.path))">$INFO[Skin.String(moviegenreicons.path)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]</value>
    <value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
</variable>

and that does not work:
Code:
<texture diffuse="masks/movie_mask.png" background="true" fallback="DefaultFolder.png">$VAR[MovieGenreIconVar]</texture>
the also not:
Code:
<texture diffuse="masks/movie_mask.png" background="true" fallback="DefaultFolder.png">$INFO[Skin.String(moviegenreicons.path)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]

What can I do to make it work?
is your script in the official repository come from?
bg

P.S.: translate by google
correct. inside lists you can only use ListItem.* infolabels in the <texture> tag.
kodi will ignore the Skin.* infolabels there.
Hi Ronie,

Could you tell me where to install this addon from within Kodi? I searched through the available addons in Kodi but have not located it yet (ps I know I can get it from GIT bit would like to avoid that on my main htpc). Thanks.
(2015-10-06, 12:26)im85288 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Could you tell me where to install this addon from within Kodi? I searched through the available addons in Kodi but have not located it yet (ps I know I can get it from GIT bit would like to avoid that on my main htpc). Thanks.

it's available in the addon repo.
these kind of 'helper scripts' won't show up in kodi, as they're supposed be installed as a skin dependency.

you can manually get it here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/sc...ce.select/
Thanks, that clarifies things greatly.
(2015-10-06, 11:01)ronie Wrote: correct. inside lists you can only use ListItem.* infolabels in the <texture> tag.
kodi will ignore the Skin.* infolabels there.

Ok, thanks for the information.
Can't seem to get this add-on working, Is it Version 17.0 Compatible?

I tried to manually install it and it says it's installed but I can't find it ANYWHERE.

I using Aeon Nox Silvo latest Master Zip from Git

And Kodi Build 17.0Alpha1 - GIT c852b64

Thanks for your help!
it's a script for skinners.
hence it's posted in a 'for skinners only' forum. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image Resource selection script0