• 4(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2019-03-10, 05:15)bilgepump Wrote: Hi,
I was using Metropolis on Krypton, before I started using Leia some time back to take advantage of Dave Blake's improvements to the music section. I saw this thread and installed the beta. Unfortunately, the skin didn't work for me. I got no text except for the date and time in the lower right hand corner. Just the blue background, with a black square in the middle.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, with the nightly of leia from 8 March.
Here's the ordinary log (it wasn't set to debug, and I couldn't do anything when the skin loaded to enable debugging)
kodi log
 I hadn't tested the recent beta against the most recent Kodi nightly in a while so I pulled your version down and tried it out.  It seems to be working fine on the most current beta release of Metropolis (3.4.24).

If you had a previous version of Metropolis installed on your system that may have been the reason.

Steps that should work to get Metropolis (or any skin for that matter) working again are:

1) Copy the beta to any local folder on the drive where your Kodi install is (no mapped SMB shares).
2) Inside Kodi, make sure another skin is selected as active (anything but Metropolis), and exit Kodi.
3) Go to Kodi's user temp folder location (should be C:\Users\yourcurrentusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\ on Windows).
4) Delete the "skin.metropolis" folder.
5) Go into the "C:\Users\yourcurrentusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages\" folder, delete the "skin.metropolis.zip" or similarly named files related to Metropolis.
6) Go into "C:\Users\yourcurrentusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\temp\" folder and delete all the files. (please do a backup of these files in case you need to recover them)
7) Launch Kodi, and go to the addons area and "Install from Zip", point it to the location you put the beta in from step 1.
8) Answer "yes" when it asks if you want to use the skin.

Let me know if it doesn't work, but that method should fix any skin (and most addons).

If you are stuck in a messed up skin that you can't use to select a different skin, then close Kodi, do steps 3-4 first, then launch Kodi again, and follow all the steps 1-8 as normal. (Number 2 is important as it will look like you've enabled Estuary but it may still show Metropolis as the active skin)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2019-03-10, 17:41)MacGyver Wrote: If you had a previous version of Metropolis installed on your system that may have been the reason.
No, I didn't. Although I had been using it on Krypton previously, that wasn't on this computer. This computer has only ever had Leia on it, I've only recently started using it.
(2019-03-10, 19:21)bilgepump Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 17:41)MacGyver Wrote: If you had a previous version of Metropolis installed on your system that may have been the reason.
No, I didn't. Although I had been using it on Krypton previously, that wasn't on this computer. This computer has only ever had Leia on it, I've only recently started using it. 
 I would go through the steps (maybe skip step 6 for now) and see if it works correctly.  Sometimes Kodi gets confused when manually installing a skin from a zip.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2019-03-11, 02:19)MacGyver Wrote:  I would go through the steps (maybe skip step 6 for now) and see if it works correctly.  Sometimes Kodi gets confused when manually installing a skin from a zip.
ok, I reinstalled after doing your steps. When it asked to switch, I could see text, it looked normal behind the dialogue box. After I'd switched, the settings looked normal, normal icons, text. When I went out to the main screen, the list of options was there for an instand, and then disappeared, leaving me with the blank background/no text screen.
The log again complains about being unable to load font name mono30 and control 9000 in window 10000 being asked to focus and the log ends there.
(2019-03-11, 02:46)bilgepump Wrote:
(2019-03-11, 02:19)MacGyver Wrote:  I would go through the steps (maybe skip step 6 for now) and see if it works correctly.  Sometimes Kodi gets confused when manually installing a skin from a zip.
ok, I reinstalled after doing your steps. When it asked to switch, I could see text, it looked normal behind the dialogue box. After I'd switched, the settings looked normal, normal icons, text. When I went out to the main screen, the list of options was there for an instand, and then disappeared, leaving me with the blank background/no text screen.
The log again complains about being unable to load font name mono30 and control 9000 in window 10000 being asked to focus and the log ends there.   
From the error in the log it looks like Kodi might no longer allow other skins to access the "default" skin's fonts (Estuary) and Metropolis has historically used a font named "NotoMono-Regular.ttf" from the "default" skin's folder for a size 30 font.
In the short term you should copy the font named "NotoMono-Regular.ttf" from the folder "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\fonts\" to the Metropolis folder for fonts "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\fonts\" 

I will make sure that the font is either replaced or added to the font folder in the next release of the beta.

Funny that it never popped up before.  Let me know if that did or didn't work.
Sorry, no joy. There IS text on the settings page, it's only when backing up to the main page that it's empty.
The "error: control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't" is there again in the log, but there's also another warning:CGUIWindowManager::HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running" which repeats 4 times above that.
(2019-03-11, 08:58)bilgepump Wrote: Sorry, no joy. There IS text on the settings page, it's only when backing up to the main page that it's empty.
The "error: control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't" is there again in the log, but there's also another warning:CGUIWindowManager::HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running" which repeats 4 times above that.
 It had been a while since I did a "ground up" install of Metropolis on a brand new machine, so I deleted every Kodi file on my machine. 
I reinstalled the RC of Kodi you are using and then the beta of Metropolis.  It came perfectly after it prompted me to install the addon dependencies.

The only thing I can think of is maybe an anti-virus is locking some of the files while doing an install, bad ram, bad sectors on the harddrive, bad existing dependency addon, or bad Kodi install.

I'm sorry, I can't recreate the problem.  Maybe try disabling the anti-virus and try again, or reinstall Kodi.
(2019-03-11, 14:53)MacGyver Wrote: The only thing I can think of is maybe an anti-virus is locking some of the files while doing an install, bad ram, bad sectors on the harddrive, bad existing dependency addon, or bad Kodi install.

I'm sorry, I can't recreate the problem.  Maybe try disabling the anti-virus and try again, or reinstall Kodi.
Thanks anyway. There's no anti-virus, so it can't be that. I have other computers, so I'll have a bit of a play about on one of those to see whether it's just this computer with a problem. Obviously, your system doesn't have an issue, so it might be some idiosyncracy/fault, as you say.
Updated the beta.

3.5.0-beta6 (aka 3.4.26) - 20190324
-Removed random character on listview error
-Updated skinshortcuts features to include Enable and Disable ability
-Updated Next-Aired features to cover all show states
-Update Font.xml to not point to mising font

3.5.0-beta5 (aka 3.4.25) - 20190308
- Added Next-Aired back to the VideoNav Windows (I don't know when I lost it)

I have found that you can just update Metropolis in the add-on section by just installing it. It will start up with its defaults and then revert to your own customization's. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Hello, everybody.

For me it would be perfect if the music player would hide the control buttons in full screen mode.  

I also have a bug that occurs when I connect my LE-Raspberry to my sound system (Yamaha RX-V563), which then sends the picture to the TV. In this setting the music visualization (shadertoy) doesn't fill the whole screen, left and bottom remains a narrow black border - in desktop as well as in full screen mode. I testet the first and the latest beta.

If I connect the Raspberry directly to the TV, it works fine again. 

Any Ideas?
(2019-04-04, 17:21)atwk Wrote: I also have a bug that occurs when I connect my LE-Raspberry to my sound system (Yamaha RX-V563), which then sends the picture to the TV. In this setting the music visualization (shadertoy) doesn't fill the whole screen, left and bottom remains a narrow black border - in desktop as well as in full screen mode. I testet the first and the latest beta.

Any Ideas?

Kodi can be adjusted to fill that area, it sounds like your receiver might upscaling the pi's output or just generally messing with it, either way, set everything the way you want it and then adjust the overscan area in:
Settings (expert)->System->Display->Calibration->Video Calibration

I'll look into the efficacy of a setting to hide the audio (non-visualization) fullscreen menu.
(2019-04-05, 07:25)MacGyver Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 17:21)atwk Wrote: I also have a bug that occurs when I connect my LE-Raspberry to my sound system (Yamaha RX-V563), which then sends the picture to the TV. In this setting the music visualization (shadertoy) doesn't fill the whole screen, left and bottom remains a narrow black border - in desktop as well as in full screen mode. I testet the first and the latest beta.

Any Ideas?

Kodi can be adjusted to fill that area, it sounds like your receiver might upscaling the pi's output or just generally messing with it, either way, set everything the way you want it and then adjust the overscan area in:
Settings (expert)->System->Display->Calibration->Video Calibration

I'll look into the efficacy of a setting to hide the audio (non-visualization) fullscreen menu. 
sorry, i dont know, how the previous posting happened. 

Video  is callibrated. And i think too, that the receiver upscales something. But i tested a smaller resolution, to check, how that happened. It makes me confus, because everything else is fine at full screen etc.

In the latest beta i found another bug. The widget-area is overlayed by an square "No Image availeable" Image
Sorry if I am mistaken , but I was hoping/thinking that when scrolling through the movies/shows widget list bottom centre that an image or plot or some kind of fan art would show in the centre frame rather than just the default png ?
see pic , thanks.Image
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0