• 35(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
kodi.log -v- kodi.old.log
The Kodi logs are Session Logs. The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the existing kodi.log is renamed Kodi.old.log and a new kodi.log is created for this new session. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

Which log you upload depends...

1. If you have created the log which captures the problem and have not restarted Kodi, then upload kodi.log
  2. If you have created the log which captures the problem and have restarted Kodi, then upload kodi.old.log
I use a Shield TV as well and here's an excerpt where I open the video manager dialog and then select 'Choose art' and the select dialog opens:

code:
2024-05-05 11:55:34.596 T:14569 debug <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogVideoManager.xml) ------
2024-05-05 11:55:34.596 T:14569 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogVideoManager.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2024-05-05 11:55:40.429 T:14569 debug <general>: HandleKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, window 12017, action is Select
2024-05-05 11:55:40.470 T:14569 debug <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogSelect.xml) ------
2024-05-05 11:55:40.470 T:14569 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSelect.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
Ok, wasn't aware that that's how it works... but makes sense. Here is my kodi.old.log after recreating the issue. Thanks!

https://paste.kodi.tv/edilebijem.kodi
Is there a kodi_crashlog file in there?
I don't see a crash log file in the same temp folder...
From the log he gets a "DialogBusy" which doesn't go away, instead of a "FileBrowser" dialog for selection of the art.
Did you customize Estuary in any way?
I don't know the Android platform, is there a way to backup your use data and try with a fresh installation with as few settings changes from default as possible?
A short video of your steps from the addition of the extra would help understand what's happening.
You could also provide another debug log after enabling the database component in the additional component logging options.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1