• 4(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2021-10-22, 22:50)alxtronics Wrote: Here is the link. Hope I didn't right.

https://pastebin.com/AnwX0XTh

Your Kodi installation contains a banned repository (NarcacistWizard).  I will be unable to assist until you uninstall it along with uninstalling any other banned repositories and any banned add-ons from your system.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...ed_add-ons
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello everyone,
I installed OSMC in my Raspberry Pi4 and connected it to Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS) via HDMI cable.
Anynet+/CEC is activated and the remote control (bn59-01268d) works without any problems. However, the Channel+- keys don't work as expected. When I press the key, the television switches to normal TV mode.

Is there a way to program this keys (Channel+-) so that it also have a function under OSMC?

PS: Keymap Editor is installed, but somehow doesn't recognize the Channel+- keys.

Thanks for any help..
YH
Almost certainly not, at least to only react in OSMC/Kodi.

The fact the TV is reacting to them directly would probably indicate that they won't be sent to the CEC (wiki) connected device to be acted upon. Plus of course there would be no way to have the TV not react to them, even if the Pi does also react.

One simple way to see if the keypresses are being passed is to enable debug logging, then look in the debug log (wiki). With logging enabled, all keypresses are recorded in the log.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-12-22, 22:36)DarrenHill Wrote: Almost certainly not, at least to only react in OSMC/Kodi.

The fact the TV is reacting to them directly would probably indicate that they won't be sent to the CEC (wiki) connected device to be acted upon. Plus of course there would be no way to have the TV not react to them, even if the Pi does also react.

One simple way to see if the keypresses are being passed is to enable debug logging, then look in the debug log (wiki). With logging enabled, all keypresses are recorded in the log.
Thanks DarrenHill for the answer and the tip.
I tried it, and the log file does not record any signal from the channel+- button (last line).

The last two lines in the log file:
DEBUG <general>: PushCecKeypress - received key a7 duration 222
DEBUG <general>: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
In that case it is indeed not being passed to the CEC (wiki) and on to Kodi, so the answer would be no.

You can't remap a key that is not sent...

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, Key map Editor on CoreElec is not working. CoreElec Matrix and Nexus.
(2021-12-24, 20:02)crazyturk Wrote: Hi, Key map Editor on CoreElec is not working. CoreElec Matrix and Nexus.

Debug log or it didn’t happen.
Should this work on latest Kodi on Tvos ( Apple TV 4k 2021) ? I cant save any key changes
I don’t know what you mean by “latest.” If you’re talking shipping version, then it should work on 19.3 regardless of the OS. if your using a nightly build of Nexus, I haven’t checked it there. Debug logs would help.
Haven't tried tvos, but it should work as it does on linux, windows.
Please create a debug log (wiki) which might indicate potential issues. Without it, it's just guessing.
Hi. I've just been forced to jump from Kodi over Windows to LibreELEC and I'm trying to use Keymap Editor to redo some of the custom button assignments I had for my PS3 BD Remote with good old PS3BluMote.
I changed some button actions on Keymap Editor but then they aren't applied in Kodi.
Looking at the debug log in realtime (#watch tail /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log) I get:
2022-01-22 10:31:30.782 T:1114    DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW 165 0 KEY_OPTION devinput (KEY_OPTION)
2022-01-22 10:31:30.796 T:1110    DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: 0 (0x00, obc255) pressed, action is
2022-01-22 10:34:22.826 T:1114    DEBUG <general>: LIRC: - NEW 6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput (KEY_DOWN)
2022-01-22 10:34:22.912 T:1110    DEBUG <general>: HandleKey: 167 (0xa7, obc88) pressed, action is Down

So, Keymap Editor has remapped the key to what I wanted but there's no action associated like there is on the KEY_DOWN event. Can you point me to what's missing? Is this an issue I should ask on the LibreELEC forum?
Thank you.

[edit] Well, Keymap Editor can't configure many of the remote's keys in a strange way: when I press the key to associate it with an action inside Keymap Editor it's accepted and I don't fall into the timeout, but the key index isn't associated with the action afterwards; if I add it manually in gen.xml it appears in the Keymap Editor's interface, but still isn't honored by Kodi. I guess I'll have to roll my own lircmap.xml...
Hello there,
I run CoreElec 19.4 Matrix rc2 on a Odroid N2+ with URC Sony.
I use meson-ir to control CE with the map file .toml, I made with the code names from here. Now I want to map some remote keys with actions using keymap editor.
Unfortunately, a lot of code names are not accepted by CE (this is not the question here but if you know the valid, let me know) and amongst the goods for CE I can't find few accepted by Keymap Editor. Good code names are used directly without mapping.
Could you point a list of valid codes accepted by Keymap Editor?
Thank you

Edit:
I did a lot of reading but still very confusing.
I found a list here IRTranslator.cpp. This is a small list compare to the above. Where one can use these names?
For a best understanding I wrote a small part of the RC information flowchart the way I understand.
Code:

RC information flowchart

IR Remote Control
                                   |
                                   V
                           Coded IR beam pulls
                                   |
       _______________________----------____________________________________
       |                           |                                       |
       V                           V                                       V
   lircd.conf          amremote: remote.conf        meson-ir: ir-keytable.toml AKA YOURMAPNAME.toml
 map device code          map device code                         map device code
  > key_name                  > key_name                               > key_name
       |                           |                                       |
       |                           |                                       |     meson-ir: rc_maps.cfg
       |                           |                                       |     map the name of the   
       V                           V                                       V       ir-keytable file(s)
                                                                                       (meta-data)
         ........         HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?  ...??...
                                   |
                                   V
                               lircmap.xml
                              map key_name
                           > Kodi RC control
                                   |
                                   V
                               remote.xml
                           map Kodi RC control
                             > Kodi command
To be added
gen.xml generated by Keymap Editor
appcommand.xml

Could you correct me and complete the flowchart?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
hi,
i'm missing the option "Show codec info" under "Global" "Other". 

Someone has an idea where the option is?

thanks
I am using Kodi 18.9.  I have a Harmony remote which I programmed via a MCE Ortek remote.  I am trying to select a specific key for the context menu.  Using the Keymap Editor, I successfully selected the "yellow" key via the process where you select (in this case) "context menu", then press the key you want and keymap notes the number and then adjusts the keymap file to reflect that.  I then exited Kodi and restarted it.  The good news is that when I press the "yellow" key now, the context menu pops up.  The bad news is that I also get a pop-up telling me that no PVR is enabled, etc.  While I can close that PVR pop-up, and still use the context menu, that is obviously not what I want to do. (Incidentally, I do not use live tv or PVR and have no PVR add-ons enabled.)

Any ideas on how to avoid this conflict in key assignments?  For example is there a PVR action apparently now assigned to the "yellow" key which I could assign to a different key or would that just result in the PVR action being assigned to two keys?

Thanks for any help,

Ken
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0