• 3(current)
Req Kodi on LG Web OS
It's also an unreleased alpha, so while we haven't hidden the builds so anyone is free to download the builds and have a go with them, at this stage one the builds may work one day, and then next day something may break.
When I run kodi nothing happens
Currently I am using tv oled c1 webos 6.3.2
for webos 6 TVs:
if kodi crashes/doesn't launch, do this from ssh: cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1
root@MiWiFi-R3G-srv:~# cp /usr/lib/libway
land-egl.so
BusyBox v1.29.3 (2023-03-10 05:09:22 UTC) multi-call binary.

Usage: cp [OPTIONS] SOURCE... DEST

Copy SOURCE(s) to DEST

-a Same as -dpR
-R,-r Recurse
-d,-P Preserve symlinks (default if -R)
-L Follow all symlinks
-H Follow symlinks on command line
-p Preserve file attributes if possible
-f Overwrite
-i Prompt before overwrite
-l,-s Create (sym)links
-T Treat DEST as a normal file
-u Copy only newer files
root@MiWiFi-R3G-srv:~# /media/developer/a
pps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/l
ib/libwayland-egl.so.1
-sh: /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1: not found
Thank you, now kodi is up
i tried latest nightly (05.05.23) on my 65CX with WebOS 5.3.0-22 (Firmware: 04.30.55)....

Video Decoder: starfish-dvhe (HW)
CPU Usage while 4k DV HEVC Video: All Cores arround 60-90%

Whats not working:
- Refreshrate Adjustment
- Audio/Video Sync Problems (slightly Async)
Settings: Default + Adjust display refresh rate: On Start/Stop (i played with all adjustments)
- Kodi freeze after a couple Minutes (Memory full?)

Whats Working:
- Dolby Vision / HDR
- HEVC HW Acc.
- ADDONS
- Renderspeed (15-50ps)
Tested on an LG 65 C8 TV - Kodi GUI works good, but Video Playback was black + no HDR/Dolby Vision switch... just Audio.
debug log? sounds like you played something that the hardware decoder doesn't support
AFAIK, only webOS 5 and later is supported. C8 seems like a webOS 4 or 3 device?
Hi i've rooted device 32LM6370PLA webos 4.9, kodi lanches fine after the command  cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1, the only issue is it's so much zoomed, i cant see anyrhing only the tv  and movie section, cant even change the settings , i'm on this latest build             (org.xbmc.kodi_20230513-7d0690f7-master_arm.ipk     2023-May-13 03:12 )
know issue, webos <5 still isn't working properly
- Smooth Videos are running with latest build (13-05) without jiddering. Every Video is working with refreshrate...  Smile

Bug: Zoom in Video is not zooming in the center.. its zoomig into the left top corner

Big Files seems to make after a couple Minutes Problems over Network Sharing (Ethernet)

But now its usable and im really happy to use, test it and report bugs :-) So happy times..
Hi I have a OLED55B9PLA with OS 05.30.25.
video is recognized as 1920x1080p only while this screen supports many others 
I have download the last org.xbmc.kodi_20230513-7d0690f7-master_arm.ipk and make the cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1 command. Kodi starts but can’t read any movie. I have the sound but no video.
It looks like Kodi can’t find a video pipe.
any solution ?
thanks 
phil
Hello,

Testing under OLEDC2 webOS TV 7.3.0. No issue up to know, one question : do you know how to get the contextual menu (the one you get with a long press) to add a item to favourites ?
With the LG remote, I have tested all button without success.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on LG Web OS0