WIP The Green Button (Alpha)
Here is what I have for the Season/Episode view:

I will be looking to get a video posted soon.

I still am working on the Music, Games, and Weather sections as well as getting everything in place for the OSD while video is playing before I release. There are still some alerts that I need to reskin but that is a lower priority.

I'm assuming that people will want to edit the home menu which I haven't factored in yet and need to do.

Also, since this is my first skin and have been learning as I go, I haven't done anything for translations to other languages. Everything will be in English to start.
Hi

This looks amazing. Can't wait to get it on my Kodi setup.

Do you have this available for download for people to test and provide feedback?

Thanks
Not yet and probably not until some time in January. I will try to get video up again soon that hopefully YouTube doesn't flag as violating their policy.

I'm currently working on the OSD when video playing as well as the music/games section. I think once I get the OSD when video is playing complete I will release without getting music/games 100%.

The last bit will be allowing editing of the menus which I haven't even looked at and, to be honest, has me a bit nervous.
Added this video to the first post:

Hopefully YouTube doesn't take it down again.
Happy New Years! Any progress my friend?
Thanks for checking in. I may have posted about this skin a little too early because I thought that I was closer to being done than I actually was. 

I ran into some issues with the TV Show Library view which is leading to a rewrite on how I do a number of the other views.

I thought I was going to have more free time during Christmas break to work on this but I didn't.

Right now my focus is on getting all the views fixed (which will help with any updates later) and then the OSD when video is playing. The OSD has been more difficult to get how I want it than I was hoping for and I'm dragging my feet on it.

Here is what it looks like, but it still needs a lot of work:
look greats !
hope you will release an alpha or beta version soon!
thank you
Thank you!

I always thought that WMC had the best UI ever made for TVs
just a suggestion, the season episode, movie UI doesn't really match the rest of the UI - mainly because the rest of the UI uses a lot of empty space with the blue hues. 

just an idea but perhaps a good layout would be similar to the settings pages - but instead of two columns, three - with buttons on the left, info in the center and a static poster on the right. example with a very rough layout mockup:
im still waiting for your excellent skin ! Smile
(2023-02-02, 18:05)alfanbofnaq Wrote: just a suggestion, the season episode, movie UI doesn't really match the rest of the UI - mainly because the rest of the UI uses a lot of empty space with the blue hues. 

just an idea but perhaps a good layout would be similar to the settings pages - but instead of two columns, three - with buttons on the left, info in the center and a static poster on the right. example with a very rough layout mockup:

Not a bad idea. Will take it under consideration but this will be further down the road. Right now I'm trying to get the OSD done and then I'll probably release a beta version for people to test things out.
(2022-11-08, 20:55)Dumyat Wrote: This is very Cool. I still have many fond memories of using WMC back in the day!
Looks like you've done a superb job at mimicking the WMC UI, which seems to be a very close match just from memory alone.
I've often wondered if MS have ever regretted retiring the platform, given the number of streaming services that now exist these days and the continued interest in media centre software. Can't wait to give this a test drive when things are ready.  Wink
Will be great to re-ignite all that WMC nostalgia from 20 years ago.....Blimey, was it really that long ago!

LOL Im still using WMC7 and have 2 other PC towers with it on for backup. Windows 7 works fine and is the only OS that supports DRM protection by using HDhomeRunPrime on Comcast cable cards which are FREE with no rental fee. I have 6 tuners running all the time recording and cataloging. With Using KODI or PLEX . Pretty Sure WIndows 10 and 11 can NOT do.  Looking forward to it
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
How's the progress?
Life, wife and kids keep getting in the way...I haven't been able to work on it a whole lot. The main thing I want to get done is the OSD when things are playing, but I had a huge setback when I found out I needed to rewrite a whole bunch of things.

I'll probably release a very incomplete alpha soon to get some feed back.
Finally got some time to get things together. 

Here is the Alpha Release:
https://github.com/Doctor-Eggs/skin.theG...Button.zip

Be gentle as there are still a lot of things that aren't quite right or haven't even been addressed. You will most likely see a lot of "Confluence" related things since that was the skin I used as my base.

I still haven't completed:
* Weather
* Pictures
* Games
* Recordings/Timers for Live TV

But a lot of those I don't use so they have been put on the back burner for now.

Apologies for all the lack of translations to other languages. This is my first crack at skinning so it was easier for me to get things in place in English.

Let me know what you think and what I am missing. I use Kodi a specific way so I'm sure there are things that people use that I'm not even aware of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Green Button (Alpha)0