DSTV (Netflix/Prime-like) - Estuary Mod Skin for Kodi 19, 20, 21
Hi, sorry, I don't mean widget view. I mean choosing the type of view and being able to leave it fixed from addon for eixample. Thanks.
The resolution of the TV is 2160 4K
(2023-01-16, 09:57)Papermi Wrote: Hi, sorry, I don't mean widget view. I mean choosing the type of view and being able to leave it fixed from addon for eixample. Thanks.
still not sure what you mean, could you please provide a screenshot of the screen you are talking about? This skin should be almost exactly like Estuary in all other screens that arent the Home screen. So if Estuary has the option to change views, so should this and vise versa.
(2023-01-16, 14:16)Romik2505 Wrote: The resolution of the TV is 2160 4K

is that your TV's resolution or Kodi's resoltuion? I'd like to know Kodi's resolution please (Settings > System > Display > Resolution)
I have managed to get a lot of stuff working, now that I understand that we're to use addons like TheMovieDB or the included DSHelper.  So thanks very much for that, I appreciate it.

I was wondering if there were any documentation on what would work best for the default widgets?  Or if there was any instruction on how best to handle missing icons when this comes up, for instance in the widget in television, where the networks are to be set.  I was successful in using the library, but I had issues with missing TV networks.  If I have the artwork for these, where would I insert them to best affect?

Thanks again for the skin and your time.

EDIT:

What I mean is like:

If I go to Movies, manage widgets, In Theatres--I can add the DSHelper video addon, go to Movies, and select In Theaters.  That makes sense and I get it.  Same thing goes for New Movies.  I can find that, no troubles. Trending Movies?  Also self-explanatory.  Popular Movies?  No sweat.  But then when we get to genres, all I see is a list of various genres to select from, nothing that encompasses them all.  Am I supposed to be using TheMovieDB Helper here?  That allows me to set it but I get no images here, just a generic TMDB icon for each genre.  Is that right?  Is that how it's supposed to work or am I selecting for the wrong things or some other configuration error?

Similarly under TV Shows, I can see what I'm supposed to do with New TV Shows, but Returning Shows leaves me blank.  Is there something else I should be using besides DSHelper or TheMovieDB Helper for this?  Same thing for Shows Airing Today.  Am I missing something I should be using here?
I am trying this skin right now, this is really fast.
Please add different ratings like IMDB, TRAKT, TMDB, etc.
@bornagainpenguin 
Quote:But then when we get to genres, all I see is a list of various genres to select from, nothing that encompasses them all.  Am I supposed to be using TheMovieDB Helper here?  That allows me to set it but I get no images here, just a generic TMDB icon for each genre.  Is that right?  Is that how it's supposed to work or am I selecting for the wrong things or some other configuration error?

Similarly under TV Shows, I can see what I'm supposed to do with New TV Shows, but Returning Shows leaves me blank.  Is there something else I should be using besides DSHelper or TheMovieDB Helper for this?  Same thing for Shows Airing Today.  Am I missing something I should be using here?
The pre-made menu items (Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, etc) AND widgets (like "New Movies" "Movie Genres" "New TV Shows" "Returning TV Shows") are only examples of what your menu and widgets can be set to. You do not have to conform to those menu items and widgets. The entire menu is completely customizable. When you go into Skin Settings >> Main Menu >> Edit Main Menu, you can use the Left-Side controls (X O ^ v +) to delete, reset, move up, move down, add menu items as you please. You can also use the Right-Side control for [Label] to rename a menu-item/widgets to whatever you'd like it to be. Similarly, when you select the right-side control to [Manage Widgets], when the left-side lists the various widgets, you can modify, move, delete, add, rename those widgets as you please. For example you can delete Movies all together, or u can just delete specific widgets for it like "Movie Genres" or you can create you're own custom named widgets and menu item's if you'd like.

As for the missing icons, that will vary from addon to addon. Some addons allow for additional custom artwork from other addons like Artwork Beef, some addons do not. It really depends on the addon you're using as a widget and whether or not it supports custom artwork, you'll have to check the addon-of-choice's settings. As of right now DS Helper does not have any support for 3rd party artwork but I may consider adding it in the future, i'll write it down in my TODO list for now.

@frriction 

I had considered adding in addition Ratings from various services in DS Helper but decided against it as each additional rating would be an additional API call to that service, thus dramatically slowing down the load time of widget items. DS Helper is merely meant as a "Store Display" style option for the skin, you would be better off finding a different Video Addon that provides multiple ratings from various services to suit your needs.
Please consider adding at-least IMDB rating. I do not care about others anyway.
I think right now it starts with the IMDB rating but overrides it if TMDB has a rating. I'll work on displaying both
(2023-01-20, 18:18)dstealth Wrote: I think right now it starts with the IMDB rating but overrides it if TMDB has a rating. I'll work on displaying both

Thank you
Hi. I'm trying to install this skin, but it's telling me that it could not connect to repository.
I'm sure I've no Internet connection problem (other repositories work just fine).

@sornay Was the repo address type exactly as it appears in the instructions? Thats the only reason i can think of why you'd get that error. Screenshot of the url you entered?
@sornay

It's best to just copy the link like this and paste it directly into Kodi.

Titan Bingie Mod
ImageImage
Beautiful and fast skin. Really loving it on my PC and Android devices (Kodi Nexus 20.0). 
Some small modifications I made to it:
  1. Added icons for documentaries and concerts (for main menu items on left)
  2. Reduced size of watched status overlay (was covering quite some area of the posters)
Thank you for your work, this one is perfect for my use!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSTV (Netflix/Prime-like) - Estuary Mod Skin for Kodi 19, 20, 210