Missing inputstream.ffmpegdirect on Raspberry Pi (3B+) Bullseye
I don't understand what you are showing me.
your output shows autoheader missing

my output shows autoheader is part of the autoconf package

if you do not have autoheader then you did not install autoconf and the only logical reason is that you did not setup your build environment properly

-----

this is the point i give up, i am not able to provide the level of help you require - i wish you the best of luck
I did not intentionally install any autoconf. Apparently it does not come with the OS image. I used the imager to create the OS on the XD card. In any case I installed it and eliminated all but one error:

$ sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-ffmpegdirect
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package kodi-inputstream-ffmpegdirect is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'kodi-inputstream-ffmpegdirect' has no installation candidate

My guess is I need some additional repository in sources.list.
you are still not paying attention

Debian bullseye provides that package

Raspbian bullseye does not provide that package

so the entire time i was trying to walk you through installing it from debian you should have corrected me and said 'no, i do not run debian i run raspbian' - because they are not the same thing

-----

the autoconf and compilation instructions have nothing to do with apt install - you do not apt install your compiled version, follow the instructions from black_eagle to create a zip then use kodi to install the zip

-----

to build on linux you need to setup all the packages required to do so - very generically 'apt install build-essential' but that is not going to install any of the required dependencies for the project you are trying to compile
- and i dont know that this is available from Raspbian

the final note is that Raspbian doesn't even exist any longer, it is now RaspiOS
Code:
Sorry, I thought Raspbian was Debian based. In any case installing autoconfig solved a host of problems. Unfortunately not all. Let me know if I need to go to the raspian forum but following black_eagle's instructions the command 'make package-inputstream.ffmpegdirect' ran for a long time looking like it was working. However, eventually it spit out the following:

-- Build files have been written to: /home/pi/Downloads/inputstream.ffmpegdirect/build/build/libzvbi/src/libzvbi-build
[ 72%] Performing build step for 'libzvbi'
Scanning dependencies of target libzvbi
[ 12%] Creating directories for 'libzvbi'
[ 25%] No download step for 'libzvbi'
[ 37%] No update step for 'libzvbi'
[ 50%] Performing patch step for 'libzvbi'
aclocal.m4:17: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.71.
You have another version of autoconf.  It may work, but is not guaranteed to.
If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system entirely.
To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically 'autoreconf'.
checking for automake >= 1.11.2...
  testing automake... found 1.16.3
checking for autoreconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoreconf... found 2.69
Processing /home/pi/Downloads/inputstream.ffmpegdirect/build/build/libzvbi/src/libzvbi/configure.ac
aclocal.m4:17: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.71.
You have another version of autoconf.  It may work, but is not guaranteed to.
If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system entirely.
To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically 'autoreconf'.
Running autoreconf...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: running: autopoint --force
Can't exec "autopoint": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345.
autoreconf: failed to run autopoint: No such file or directory
autoreconf: autopoint is needed because this package uses Gettext
make[6]: *** [CMakeFiles/libzvbi.dir/build.make:119: libzvbi-prefix/src/libzvbi-stamp/libzvbi-patch] Error 1
make[5]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:95: CMakeFiles/libzvbi.dir/all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [Makefile:149: all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/libzvbi.dir/build.make:142: build/libzvbi/src/libzvbi-stamp/libzvbi-build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:511: CMakeFiles/libzvbi.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:229: CMakeFiles/package-inputstream.ffmpegdirect.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:176: package-inputstream.ffmpegdirect] Error 2
Quote:autoreconf: failed to run autopoint: No such file or directory
autoreconf: autopoint is needed because this package uses Gettext
sudo apt install autopoint
Success. Thanks all for your help. Now if I can get it into Kodi and have it work, I'm in business.
Arrggghhh!! I though I would be home free after getting ffmpegdirect built but no. I am only at the next layer of the onion. When I try to add the zip file (settings->addons->add source)I get something about:

kodi.binary,global.main could not be satisfied

I can't get the exact error but hopefully someone will understand what it is saying. I hate the way kodi scrolls errors as it scrolls too fast and the whole error cannot be seen at once. Plus there is no way to copy/paste it.
check the kodi log. You likely build ffmpegdirect master/omega, but you you need to build the nexus branch
Thanks for the reply but as far as I can find, there is no log. Do I need to turn it on somewhere?

As far as ffmpegdirect, I followed black_eagle's direction. What did I miss?
I found the nexus brand on github. However, it appears the clone is the same as for omega. I don't understand how to clone the correct branch. The clone command is:

git clone --branch master https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.ffmpegdirect.git
This is probably better in the inputstream support section as it's not really a video add-on per-se.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If you need to build for Nexus then I assume the commands should be adjusted to use

--branch Nexus

on both clone commands.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing but that is not what tie instructions say. I'll give it a try.
No, that is not it. There is no such branch:

fatal: Remote branch nexus not found in upstream origin

I'm not a git expert but there must be some other way to get the appropriate branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing inputstream.ffmpegdirect on Raspberry Pi (3B+) Bullseye0