• 36(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
(2024-05-04, 13:42)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
I can incorporate the Movie and Set plot options from KodiFlix to all the other views...would that work?
@latts9923
KodiFlix is the view I am using.

The plot choices for Sets are: 1) set overview, 2) individual movie plots, 3) off.
What I purpose is an additional option: 4) both (1 & 2 combined)

The plot choices for movies are: 1) consensus, 2) plot, 3) off.

@andrzejls
It already addresses large sets via the Plot Rolling option which doesn't seem to working properly since it can't be disabled.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.5
(2024-05-04, 22:50)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2024-05-04, 13:42)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
I can incorporate the Movie and Set plot options from KodiFlix to all the other views...would that work?
@latts9923
KodiFlix is the view I am using.

The plot choices for Sets are: 1) set overview, 2) individual movie plots, 3) off.

The plot choices for movies are: 1) consensus, 2) plot, 3) off.

@andrzejls
Text scrolling.
@Juan Mortyme Maybe I do not quite understand, but when I am in most (except of "COVERFLOW, POSTER LITE, POSTER ZOOM, WALL VIDEO and BANNER) of the VIEW TYPES, I see description/set overview of the Movie series (SET). I use VIEW TYPE-28 and I do not know where I would like to see individual movie plots, take for instance Star Wars Series. When I select series I get "KODIFLIX" View Type where each of the movies is shown including plot and some other info for that movie.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@latts9923

There seems to be an issue with the Plot Rolling option. First, it is redundant being in both the Top Menu>Organize and Skin Settings>General Settings. Second, turning it on or off seen to have no effect, it is always on. Neither switch seems to effect either browser or info view.
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.5
@andrzejls

I'm using KodiFlix as my reference since that is the view I normally use. So I can not speak about other views. I'm not sure how else to explain this. In KofiFlix view go to the top menu "View Type" and about half way down there is a setting named "Plot". Experiment with different choices while observing the info box.
@Juan Mortyme
Ahh...so this is just an addition to KodiFlix. Something like this?

I removed the "ACTIVATE PLOT ROLLING" from the Top Menu...that was a carry over from MQ 8. I also added code to KodiFlix to honor the "ACTIVATE PLOT ROLLING" setting in Skin Settings. This will be included in the next update.
(2024-05-05, 00:11)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @andrzejls

I'm using KodiFlix as my reference since that is the view I normally use. So I can not speak about other views. I'm not sure how else to explain this. In KofiFlix view go to the top menu "View Type" and about half way down there is a setting named "Plot". Experiment with different choices while observing the info box.
@Juan Mortyme I see what you mean. So I can see scrolling text showing me plot of 10 "Star Wars" movies that are part of the set. I gues, this is one way of doing it. For me, it take to much time to wait to see plot of 9th. movie using this method. I just click on the movie set and scroll to the movie I want to watch/or see that movie plot. Take a lot less time at the penalty of couple of clicks. This is just my personal preference and has no bearing on what you are proposing.
Hi @Latts.
I always enjoy your mods. In this case especially, even more so since the sad departure of our beloved Wanilton. Given this situation, I believe that the Aoen Mq Project will unfortunately die in version 9. That's why I think your work helps keep this series of beautiful skins alive for our beloved Kodi. Keep up the hard work, friend.

have a small question regarding the music section. When I choose an album and its songs are displayed, I like the simplicity of the view called Type View - 01. My question is. When I put a song in focus, the view is displayed informing the duration and the year. I cannot add the artist to this information, especially useful in compilations.-
In Aeon Mq 9 and Nexus, I modified this line in "Variables" adding this
Under.
<variable name="media_list_info_focus">

line 485    <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,music) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,song)">[COLOR=$INFO[skin.string(header_color)]]$INFO[ListItem.Duration]  [/COLOR]- $INFO[ListItem.Artist,,]</value>

I modified the similar line in the MOD, but I have not obtained positive results. I know very well that the Mod has other views with this information, but I repeat, I love the simplicity of view 1 and for this reason I want to replicate it. Thanks for your help..
@defleppard73
Howdy,

Agreed about Wanilton...I think he was a huge help to MarcosQui in the development process.

While viewing songs in View Type-01, I see the Album - Song Title - Artist in larger font with the year and duration in a smaller font underneath. Do you see all this info as well?
(2024-05-05, 19:50)defleppard73 Wrote: I like the simplicity of the view called Type View - 01. My question is. When I put a song in focus, the view is displayed informing the duration and the year. I cannot add the artist to this information, especially useful in compilations.-
@defleppard73 Go to Settings --> Media --> Music, scroll down to "Track Naming Template" and make sure that it reads "[%N]%A %T". This should fix it.
@andrzejls
Yhanx for your answer. 
I was aware of that option, but it's not what I'm looking for. It happens that when there are groups with long names and songs with long names, reading becomes impossible.

@Latts

While viewing songs in View Type-01, I see the Album - Song Title - Artist in larger font with the year and duration in a smaller font underneath. Do you see all this info as well?
Yes..

But What I'm looking for is what is seen in View 20 when the song is selected, but with the style of View 1 Smile
For example
   First row :                                                    01 - Hysteria
   Second Row when song is selected       1987 - Def Leppard - (5:55)
@defleppard73
Ah...OK, I gotcha. So open Variables.xml and find "media_list_info_focus". Replace these two lines...
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,song) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">$INFO[ListItem.Year,, ][COLOR=$INFO[skin.string(header_color)]]$LOCALIZE[180] [/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Duration]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.DbType,song) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">[COLOR yellow][$LOCALIZE[20391]][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Year,, ][COLOR=$INFO[skin.string(header_color)]]$LOCALIZE[180] [/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Duration]</value>

with these...
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,song) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">$INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,, - ]($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.DbType,song) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">[COLOR yellow][$LOCALIZE[20391]][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,, - ]($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
Works Perfect!!!!
And one more thing if i want  Artist name with some color, for example orange Smile
@defleppard73
Good deal! To add color to Artist change it to this...
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,song) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">$INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ][COLOR orange]$INFO[ListItem.Artist][/COLOR] - ($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.DbType,song) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">[COLOR yellow][$LOCALIZE[20391]][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ][COLOR orange]$INFO[ListItem.Artist][/COLOR] - ($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
Updated both my Nvidia Shield Pros to Kodi 21 (Omega) yesterday along with installing the Aeon MQ Mods (8 & 9). Everything went fairly smoothly with two exceptions.

1 - I use a central library on MariaDB on my Synology NAS. The initial Kodi update migrated the Movie DB with no problems but the Music DB did not migrate correctly. I had to delete the new Music DB that was created and start Kodi again. It successfully migrated the Music DB the second time. Don't know what caused the glitch but allowing it to migrate the second time resolved the issue.

2 - After the update to Omega I attempted to install Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Omega but it failed with a unable to install dependency error message. I ended up having to manually install script library editor 3.0.0 from zip. Once I did that I was able to successfully install Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Omega.

One thing to note is that prior to upgrading to Omega I used Skin Helper Skin Backup to create settings backup files for both MQ 9 and 8. Once I successfully installed the Omega versions of the skins I restored the settings and all my settings were successfully restored. 

Everything seems to be working perfectly. Great job as usual @latts9923 !
(2024-05-06, 12:32)latts9923 Wrote: @defleppard73
Good deal! To add color to Artist change it to this...
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,song) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">$INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ][COLOR orange]$INFO[ListItem.Artist][/COLOR] - ($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.DbType,song) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.SongVideoURL)">[COLOR yellow][$LOCALIZE[20391]][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Year,, - ][COLOR orange]$INFO[ListItem.Artist][/COLOR] - ($INFO[ListItem.Duration])</value>
@latts9923 This change worked out very nicely.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0