Bug Theme and Colours resetting to default after changing skin and then changing back
One thing I have noticed, a bug maybe?

Whenever I change skin and then change back to Estuary, the following settings reset to default:

Settings/Interface/Skin Theme (where I want to use Curial)
Settings/Interface/Skin Colours (where I want to use Concrete)

I don't think this is supposed to be default behavior. This is why I tag this as a bug.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
It's not a bug as the theme and colour aren't skin dependant and are saved in the guisettings.xml so changing skin will reset them.
(2024-04-26, 00:04)Hitcher Wrote: It's not a bug as the theme and colour aren't skin dependant and are saved in the guisettings.xml so changing skin will reset them.
Hmmm... first of all, thanks. I understand what the problem is.

If I understand things correctly, this is not a bug for the skin but it's a problem in how Kodi handles these two things. Since different skins have different approaches to themes and colours, it would probably make more sense to have those settings saved per skin and not in guisettings.xml which is global.
Patches are welcome, I know. But I'm not a coder so... I don't know, how do you see it? Can you understand my point of view? Is it wrong?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-04-26, 00:57)ashlar Wrote: Can you understand my point of view? Is it wrong?
Yeah, I completely understand your point of view.
I actually made a feature request to change this behaviour this time last year, as per the below post I made, which also includes a link to another request made by an ex Team Kodi member 9 years ago. Based on nothing happening with either of these requests, I don't imagine anything is going to change anytime soon... Wink

372853 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theme and Colours resetting to default after changing skin and then changing back0