Scrapers (TMDB) and Tags – how does it work? (yes I read "common issues" :)
Hi all, I wanted to use tags (as described here in the wiki) to identify a show which would not scrape (for different reasons as I later found out).

But I still wanted to use this feature, so I tried something. I renamed the folder "Traumazone (2022)/..." (which was correctly scraped) into "Goofel {tmdb=210992}", in the expectation that – since I'm using unique IDs now – that would still be recognized because it does not need the title any more (because – for what?). I was wrong. I could not in any way make the scraper recognize that show (tried several different tags combinations, also with tvdb, also installed tvdb plugin, ...).

Things I have made sure / tried:
  • set "Settings - Media - Videos - Use video tags" to "on" (as described on the common problems page)
  • add a year ("Goofel (2022) {tmdb=210992}") to the folder name
  • ensure the newest version of the plugin is installed
Now, the question is: What am I doing wrong? Or is it not supposed to work this way, and if not – how are tags actually helping?!

Links:
Thanks in advance!
(2024-05-04, 11:05)flypenguin Wrote: could not in any way make the scraper recognize that show
There was a bug. Here is the fix which is still to be merged and backported... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/25095
This method does not work with TVDB until they update their scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapers (TMDB) and Tags – how does it work? (yes I read "common issues" :)0