Kodi Community Forum
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Alpha Arctic Fuse 2 (/showthread.php?tid=379015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - banggun - 2024-10-07

(2024-10-07, 10:46)satelly Wrote: Thank you for providing us with another excellent skin. It is very fast and already well refined. I noticed on page 1, you had a screenshot which showed a top menu. However I can't seem to find it as an option. Previously on AF, the topbar option was under settings, menus and side menu. For the wall views, are you considering adding the option of extra information/fanart such as with your original Arctic Zypher and AH2.

Also took me a little while to figure it out. Look in the settings under the option customize your widgets. From here you can press the up and down buttons next to Home to switch from home to another hub. Then set the hub view mode to complex. You'll probably want to then use the "Edit categories" option and then set submenu options as a widget if you wish to categorise some views. Once you're all done tweaking use the option "Use as home" to replace your current home.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - satelly - 2024-10-07

(2024-10-07, 10:56)banggun Wrote: Also took me a little while to figure it out. Look in the settings under the option customize your widgets. From here you can press the up and down buttons next to Home to switch from home to another hub. Then set the hub view mode to complex. You'll probably want to then use the "Edit categories" option and then set submenu options as a widget if you wish to categorise some views. Once you're all done tweaking use the option "Use as home" to replace your current home.

Thanks banggun. Followed your instructions and manage to get it working but only for the first menu item. Is there only 1 Edit categories for each hub? For example, my main menu items are TV and Movies. Under TV, I have Kids TV, TV, Sports and it works just like AF combined menu. However, I dont know how to do different categories for Movies which I normally have diifferent sections like Kids Movies, Comedy, Action etc.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - banggun - 2024-10-07

Yes that is actually possible. Once you go into edit categories section on the right you should see "Submenu options". In that group click "Use as widget" then click on the "edit items"  to manually set up all your sections here you can add new widgets they should indeed appear in a similar way as it does in the combined view previously.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - jurialmunkey - 2024-10-07

(2024-10-07, 10:41)TimboZero Wrote: 1 however doesn’t seem to work.
RunAddon(“script.launch.retropie”)

Try maybe without the quotes i.e.
RunAddon(script.launch.retropie)

Alternatively maybe you might have better results with RunScript() instead of RunAddon()

(2024-10-07, 10:41)TimboZero Wrote: This works but I have also added via the programs avenue two others. The first was listed as a program addon called My OSMC and selecting it added an action of script://service.osmc.settings and gave me the idea to add Retropie as script://script launch.retropie
Sadly my Addons Hub only shows one widget row of all the YouTube options, nothing for either My OSMC or Retropie. Was a ‘cunning plan’ but failed.

Yeah this won't work unless they are plugins. Only plugins, playlists, or library nodes can be used as directories for a widget.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - satelly - 2024-10-07

(2024-10-07, 11:24)banggun Wrote: Yes that is actually possible. Once you go into edit categories section on the right you should see "Submenu options". In that group click "Use as widget" then click on the "edit items"  to manually set up all your sections here you can add new widgets they should indeed appear in a similar way as it does in the combined view previously.

Excellent. Managed to set it up.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Romik2505 - 2024-10-07

Can you switch to another custom Hub directly from the skin.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Kabaal - 2024-10-07

Is there a setting to remove the Spotlight or more specifically it's buttons? I've set things up via Hub so it uses the combined method for widgets and since I use those widgets for anything the spotlight would show anyway it's not much use to me and is just an extra button press needed to before I can get to said widgets.

(2024-10-07, 12:42)Romik2505 Wrote: Can you switch to another custom Hub directly from the skin.

Yes, you can find shortcuts to Hubs under the "Hubs" section when customising. You can create a link from one hub to another by setting one of the categories buttons to a hub shortcut.

(2024-10-07, 13:10)Kabaal Wrote: Is there a setting to remove the Spotlight or more specifically it's buttons? I've set things up via Hub so it uses the combined method for widgets and since I use those widgets for anything the spotlight would show anyway it's not much use to me and is just an extra button press needed to before I can get to said widgets.

Not currently but it is planned. This was one of the reasons for rearranging the order of categories/spotlight/widgets so that it'd be possible to disable the spotlight entirely.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Dan_of_Earth - 2024-10-07

I'm a graphic designer and I generally prefer minimalist design focusing on functionality.  While I liked AF, it took me a while to customize it to my liking and i felt it was a little over complicated and bloated, despite understanding what you were going for.  Im super impressed with AF2.  Its lightweight, snappy, and simplistic.  Does everything one can want with little effort.  I'd call it perfect so far.  Great job and thank you for all your work!

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - sdss222 - 2024-10-07

Thank you, @jurialmunkey!

I was able to migrate the sidemenu from my old Artic Fuse to my new Artic Fuse 2.0 with: `cp skin.arctic.fuse/skinvariables-shortcut-sidemenu.json skin.arctic.fuse.2/`

Love the snappy interface

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - ScoobyD00 - 2024-10-08

Superb. I've migrated over from fuse.
One issue is auto trailer playback in the information view. The trailer is virtually hidden, it's very dark and covered over too much by the information.
Not sure if the view from the the original fuse can be used or if it's a bug
Thanks for your hard work

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - banggun - 2024-10-08

(2024-10-07, 10:15)banggun Wrote: Just wanted to say fantastic job on the new skin and congrats. I have personally gone back to AF1 because this design only for trailer playback in the background when using spotlight. I personally modified my Kodi settings so that I can quickly play trailers in the background with a single button press and it would play in the background window. However the new design there is no more background window to play videos in. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this as you mentioned an experience more like the traditional Kodi skin and this certainly a great improvement !!

Wow I take back what I originally stated in this message. I just checked in with the latest version and tried the detailed information option. The skin is perfect now just the way I was hoping to use it. It's like you read minds Smile. Happily migrated back from the original Fuse!!

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Romik2505 - 2024-10-08

[font][font]Tak zrobiłem i zadziałało. Dziękuję bardzo[/font][/font]

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Romik2505 - 2024-10-08

That's what I did and it worked. Thanks very much