Kodi Community Forum
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=376035)

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - emveepee - 2024-08-25

I check the store's feedback, followers and how long they they have around.  Having been burnt more than once by "new" stores.  Fortunately Aliexpress has been good with refunds though but it takes effort.  The scammers do a good job even giving tracking numbers,  just not tracking numbers for your product.

Martin

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - Orio - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 17:47)emveepee Wrote: I check the store's feedback, followers and how long they they have around.  Having been burnt more than once by "new" stores.  Fortunately Aliexpress has been good with refunds though but it takes effort.  The scammers do a good job even giving tracking numbers,  just not tracking numbers for your product.

Martin
This is my concern. 
The store does not have any reviews or feedback. 
Lets see what happens, thanks for your insight

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - hdmkv - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 17:46)Orio Wrote: Do you have a link/SKU to the remote as there seems to be different kinds of the fire tv remote or is it this one?
I do not have a firestick/Cube so I can't pair it with any other box before the Ugoos box. I only have a Minix u9-h. 
Any other good way to configure the buttons on the fire remote to have them working like you mentioned above?
Unfortunately, for volume control with your TV/AVR, you'll need to pair with actual Fire TV Stick or Cube first and do Equipment Control set-up. But, without this, you can still directly pair any Fire TV remote and get most other buttons to function (D-pad, back/return, play/pause, context menu, skip forward/back, rewind/fast-forward). Look on eBay... should be able to get one for $20 or less.

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - MediaPi - 2024-08-25

there's a sale on in aliexpress for I think most tech. the Ugoos has $12 sale on so you can get it pre tax for US $134.21
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006009454089.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.32455c6ecGcDz9&mp=1

if you are from the UK you can possibly get a 5% cashback from topcashback, I've used them in past and they good

just a heads up in case anyone is interested

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - Luke M - 2024-08-25

Does the Ugoos/CoreElec still decode dolby vision if you don't have a dolby vision TV?

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - clarkss12 - 2024-08-25

This is the remote I received with my Ugoos SK1, and I liked it so well, I purchased another one for a different device.  Excellent price.

Original UGOOS UR02 BT Voice Remote Control Replacement for Ugoos X4 X4Q Cube Pro Extra TOX1 TOX3 TOX4 AM8 PRO AM6B PLUS TV Box - AliExpress

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - Draconix - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 17:47)emveepee Wrote: I check the store's feedback, followers and how long they they have around.  Having been burnt more than once by "new" stores.  Fortunately Aliexpress has been good with refunds though but it takes effort.  The scammers do a good job even giving tracking numbers,  just not tracking numbers for your product.

That's exactly why I haven't ordered one yet. Waiting to hear from @Cinephile first to see how it went.

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - MediaPi - 2024-08-26

the box I linked to has it yes. in fact it's the best coreelec box right now that does everything and the kitchen sink except 8k

I've spent much more than the box I linked to on single item orders from AliExpress. I've never had an issue and the times I did. I asked aliexpress to step in.
they always side with the buyer. they want to get much much more marketshare, so they are just like ebay and pretty safe.
just check store history. check user comments , check how many have sold and the ratings.

well didn't realise that sale was only for today. so now it's a $1 off which isn't good imo. wait for the next sale

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - Cinephile - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-25, 20:41)Draconix Wrote:

That's exactly why I haven't ordered one yet. Waiting to hear from @Cinephile first to see how it went.
It has already shipped and is expected to arrive mid next week. Here is hoping that all works out.

The landing page for that box you bought is deleted. No chance they sold you 50% of market value. I would not have bought that box. You'll get your money back but it'll cost you time and your funds can't be used for other things.

Rule of thumb. if it's more than 20% discount from what everyone else is charging then it's most likely a scam.
I mean they could have charged it at $130 and that would be a great discount. anything lower than $120 and I would have to be very wary but you got it in the 80's? yeah no chance. keep us updated though, could have been a pricing error

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - Draconix - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-26, 06:43)Cinephile Wrote: It has already shipped and is expected to arrive mid next week. Here is hoping that all works out.
Let's hope so, though as someone already mentioned, scammers are really good at this and they can give you fake tracking numbers.

(2024-08-26, 07:57)MediaPi Wrote: Rule of thumb. if it's more than 20% discount from what everyone else is charging then it's most likely a scam.
I mean they could have charged it at $130 and that would be a great discount. anything lower than $120 and I would have to be very wary but you got it in the 80's? yeah no chance. keep us updated though, could have been a pricing error
Indeed, after looking into it further I'm convinced it's either a scam or a massive pricing error (yet there's only 6 sold). The seller is very sketchy and there's still zero feedback on them. They opened on July 31 and everything they sell is incredibly underpriced!

EDIT: I hope it's legit and @Cinephile get's that deal, but if not I still 100% recommend the box even at full price. It's been seriously perfect with absolutely everything I've tried on it and I couldn't be happier!

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - hdmkv - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-25, 20:19)clarkss12 Wrote: This is the remote I received with my Ugoos SK1, and I liked it so well, I purchased another one for a different device.  Excellent price.

Original UGOOS UR02 BT Voice Remote Control Replacement for Ugoos X4 X4Q Cube Pro Extra TOX1 TOX3 TOX4 AM8 PRO AM6B PLUS TV Box - AliExpress
Looks similar to a Google TV remote. Under CE, can you let us know which buttons work & don't? And know which can be re-mapped (like with Keymap Editor add-on) & not?

RE: State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024 - clarkss12 - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-26, 14:57)hdmkv Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 20:19)clarkss12 Wrote: This is the remote I received with my Ugoos SK1, and I liked it so well, I purchased another one for a different device.  Excellent price.

Looks similar to a Google TV remote. Under CE, can you let us know which buttons work & don't? And know which can be re-mapped (like with Keymap Editor add-on) & not?

That is the same as I purchased, but less that $9USD.