Kodi Community Forum
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Alpha Arctic Fuse 2 (/showthread.php?tid=379015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - jurialmunkey - 2024-10-08

(2024-10-08, 10:51)banggun Wrote:
(2024-10-07, 10:15)banggun Wrote: Just wanted to say fantastic job on the new skin and congrats. I have personally gone back to AF1 because this design only for trailer playback in the background when using spotlight. I personally modified my Kodi settings so that I can quickly play trailers in the background with a single button press and it would play in the background window. However the new design there is no more background window to play videos in. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this as you mentioned an experience more like the traditional Kodi skin and this certainly a great improvement !!

Wow I take back what I originally stated in this message. I just checked in with the latest version and tried the detailed information option. The skin is perfect now just the way I was hoping to use it. It's like you read minds Smile. Happily migrated back from the original Fuse!!

That's not a spotlight. That's the info panel. That is why I was confused by your comments. The spotlight is a specific type of widget which only shows one item at a time.

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - banggun - 2024-10-08

(2024-10-08, 12:07)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-08, 10:51)banggun Wrote:
(2024-10-07, 10:15)banggun Wrote: Just wanted to say fantastic job on the new skin and congrats. I have personally gone back to AF1 because this design only for trailer playback in the background when using spotlight. I personally modified my Kodi settings so that I can quickly play trailers in the background with a single button press and it would play in the background window. However the new design there is no more background window to play videos in. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this as you mentioned an experience more like the traditional Kodi skin and this certainly a great improvement !!

Wow I take back what I originally stated in this message. I just checked in with the latest version and tried the detailed information option. The skin is perfect now just the way I was hoping to use it. It's like you read minds Smile. Happily migrated back from the original Fuse!!

That's not a spotlight. That's the info panel. That is why I was confused by your comments. The spotlight is a specific type of widget which only shows one item at a time.

Hehe sorry make it sound so confusing. To be fair I never used the spotlight view in AF1 either. While I do agree it looks pretty I feel functionally it's a bit hard to navigate. After reading your statement about creating a skin more close to Estuary I wasn't sure if a fan art/window view is something you're still going for and at the time this view was only available from the spotlight view hence I've tried setting it up there. Either way I'm very happy the detailed view is now available outside of the Hub/spotlight view. For me personally it negates the need for a spotlight view. I've really been enjoying the skin so far.

Just one tiny thing I've noted is the overview circle style which is a I'm now really digging but it seems based on the content it shows either a disc or full circle view. While I agree the disc view works well on some disc art that I apparently have. But for the majority of the art I have the hole in the middle looks sort of weird as it's also not being used with discart but I believe box/poster art is being used but I might bet wrong. Never mind the fact that I think in this day and age disc art might be a thing of the past but for those with nostalgic feelings I can see how it might be cool...

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - ScoobyD00 - 2024-10-08

(2024-10-07, 15:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-07, 13:10)Kabaal Wrote: Is there a setting to remove the Spotlight or more specifically it's buttons? I've set things up via Hub so it uses the combined method for widgets and since I use those widgets for anything the spotlight would show anyway it's not much use to me and is just an extra button press needed to before I can get to said widgets.

Not currently but it is planned. This was one of the reasons for rearranging the order of categories/spotlight/widgets so that it'd be possible to disable the spotlight entirely.

This will be a excellent when it's implemented.
Being able to disable the spotlight entirely will be really useful and make the skin very clean

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Grumpyman - 2024-10-08

Great work on the new skin ...very clean looking Smile

Not sure if this is a bug or not

When you scroll down to the movie section if you don't have any  "In-Progress Movies" you can't scroll right to get into the movie parts ( hopefully that makes sense Smile
I switched the "Recent movies" to the first position and then it works but "In-Progress Movies" makes more sense to be in the first slot.

Yes i know you can just go right on the discover tab or tv tab and go up or down to get to the movie section but just wanted to report it in case its not meant to be this way.

Using emby addon if that matters

thanks

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - CouchGuy - 2024-10-08

Oops! For a long time I'm not using Kodi because of some audio issue. But when I heard you got new skin, I have to try it! And as expected, you did a really really good job!

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Blackysb - 2024-10-08

Jurialmunkey , firstly thank you.

Will you be bringing the option for labels in the options tray?

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - HisAirness23 - 2024-10-08

Great work again, @jurialmunkey. The new skin looks stunning Smile
Would it be possible that you'll add HDR10, DolbyVision and 3D Flags to AF2 this time? I am referring to the main labels in the info line next to the resolution (see picture). This extremely helps if you have multiple versions of the same media.

Also hoping focus issues with widgets in classic menu are or will get fixed in AF2. Many thanks for your great work again!

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - spursgalea - 2024-10-08

@jurialmunkey, first of all, what a great job on this skin! I think this is my favorite all-time skin that I have ever used, and that's including the original Fuse. It runs so much smoother. You've really done a fantastic job.

I would like to ask you if this is a glitch or designed this way. I have everything set up the way I like it. On my Galaxy Fold, I would like to have detailed information toggled on under widgets. The problem I'm having is that I can only use the first row of widgets. I can't use the widgets below. I can scroll up and down and see all my widgets, but I can't use them. The only way I can use them on my Fold is if I toggle detailed information off, and then I can use all widgets as I should be able to. I do have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on, so I know that's not the issue. I would like to know either way. Thank you!

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - Gaddinator90 - 2024-10-09

@jurialmunkey Just want to thankyou for this skin it's fanatic from my testing, would it be possible to add setting that allows us to always keep the side menu visible? It's just something i think looks so much better and was used to it so much from AF1

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - CouchGuy - 2024-10-09

@jurialmunkey Is it possible to have separate viewtypes configuration for each pseudo profile?

RE: Arctic Fuse 2 - jurialmunkey - 2024-10-09

(2024-10-09, 03:25)CouchGuy Wrote: @jurialmunkey Is it possible to have separate viewtypes configuration for each pseudo profile?

No, you'll need to use proper profiles for this.

(2024-10-08, 23:49)spursgalea Wrote: @jurialmunkey, first of all, what a great job on this skin! I think this is my favorite all-time skin that I have ever used, and that's including the original Fuse. It runs so much smoother. You've really done a fantastic job.

I would like to ask you if this is a glitch or designed this way. I have everything set up the way I like it. On my Galaxy Fold, I would like to have detailed information toggled on under widgets. The problem I'm having is that I can only use the first row of widgets. I can't use the widgets below. I can scroll up and down and see all my widgets, but I can't use them. The only way I can use them on my Fold is if I toggle detailed information off, and then I can use all widgets as I should be able to. I do have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on, so I know that's not the issue. I would like to know either way. Thank you!

Touch support is always bad in Kodi.

Enabling the option in expert settings for "mouse-friendly widgets" might help.

(2024-10-08, 14:02)Grumpyman Wrote: When you scroll down to the movie section if you don't have any  "In-Progress Movies" you can't scroll right to get into the movie parts ( hopefully that makes sense Smile
I switched the "Recent movies" to the first position and then it works but "In-Progress Movies" makes more sense to be in the first slot.

First widget in the group must be something which will always have content otherwise you'll run into bugs like this unfortunately.

When you press back etc. the skin tries to focus the first ID, so if the ID is not visible (due to no items) then Kodi gets stuck in no-mans-land as it doesn't know what to focus. There's not really any way for me to get around it as the skin engine doesn't have math/scripting type functions to fallback to secondary ID, and there isn't anyway to reassign the IDs after the window loads (and can't know if the widget will have content until after the window loads).

(2024-10-08, 18:22)Blackysb Wrote: Jurialmunkey , firstly thank you.

Will you be bringing the option for labels in the options tray?

No, probably not. I'm trying to avoid bloating the skin with these types of micro-tweaks changing styles as the code starts getting difficult to manage. And in a more general sense, I think its important for the skin to have its own identity in terms of a consistent style and approach to navigation.

I don't mind having options for changes to thematic elements (e.g. colour) or aspects which directly impact performance (e.g. blur), but in general I'm trying to avoid options which change stylistic elements of the skin. Even having the option for switching the infolabel style I quite dislike, but I'll know I'll never hear the end of it if I remove that (and I'm on the fence myself about which of the two I prefer personally) - but that's about as far as I'm willing to go with that type of option.

If you need labels+icons, there is the main list section of the options menu for that.

(2024-10-09, 00:06)Gaddinator90 Wrote: @jurialmunkey Just want to thankyou for this skin it's fanatic from my testing, would it be possible to add setting that allows us to always keep the side menu visible? It's just something i think looks so much better and was used to it so much from AF1

The main problem here is the widget movement/size.

In AF1, widgets were sized for the available space with menu open on a 16x9 screen so that widgets will neatly align with the right screen edge when the menu is open. In AF2, on the other hand, widgets are sized for fullscreen 16x9 so that widgets will neatly align with the right screen edge when the menu is closed.

That means in AF2 if the menu stays open while the widget has focus, then moving to the last item will be cut-off.

You'll note in AF1 there was the opposite problem where if the menu was minimised there was an ugly space left on the end of the row where it didn't align properly with the right edge -- the only way this type of option would work is to reintroduce that same problem from AF1 into AF2, which I don't want to do (or the alternative is what Estuary does where every widget style is the same width, which I doubt is something people would want).