Kodi Community Forum
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=376035)

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - signde - 2024-10-06

(2024-10-06, 15:16)hdmkv Wrote:
(2024-10-06, 03:01)signde Wrote: Correct on the WiFi 6 speeds. I've never hit 600 but I have seen 450 on Wifi on my WiFi 6 network. I don't have the fastest Wifi6 network though (AX5400). 
I had TP-Link's AXE5400 mesh (now BE63), and use wired backhaul, and have one of the satellite units just 2-3ft from the Cube 3. This is what allow 600Mbps+ speeds. For wired backhaul, was able to use these around the house & use my home's existing coaxial cabling. Of course, if Cube 3 had built-in gigabit LAN, we could've connected ethernet directly to it.

Oh wow you've actually seen 600 on the device? That's pretty impressive.

I have a very similar setup. I am using ASUS mesh with a wired gigabit ethernet backhaul. My Cube 3 is less than 2 feet from the mesh node, which is an RT-AX82U (AX5400 device). Just ran some iperf3 tests again and highest I saw was 524Mbps. I think the difference is your network is WiFi 6E, mine is only Wifi 6.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - banggun - 2024-10-06

(2024-10-06, 16:17)MediaPi Wrote: you're happy to sacrifice 4k dolby vision image so you get a 4k GUI on a 98 inch tv hat you paid a pretty penny?
you're better of getting 2 boxes, one for android and one for CoreELEC, wait for the S298X to get DV, or get AM6B+.
and just pirate like 98% are doing on Kodi, and the reason why Kodi is even relevant and survived 2 decades is because of it LOL
is what you're doing going to affect anyone? to each their own

What the hell is wrong with you dude whenever someone disagrees or doesn't seem eye to eye with you you make silly and baseless accusations on people. Dolby Vision still gets tone mapped to HDR and to me yes gives acceptable results. The true potential of Dolby Vision (eg 12 bit) isn't even unlocked by many screens still being limited to 10-bit at best I don't really care that much for the select few offerings in dolby vision and yes I do have multiple players but as I said none of them is perfect. I never said anything about the reason why Kodi survived or not but based on your last few posts you just like to jump to your own conclusions and laugh at your own LOL statements...

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hjames19 - 2024-10-06

Does anyone know when the new Android TV boxes will be coming out or announced? I’m trying to hold off on the Dune Homatics box but I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to wait. I searched all over for a newer box but haven’t found anything yet.

I am still considering a second box for just movies on my local storage. I’m torn between the following boxes. Any recommendations on the following boxes? I’m also open to other suggestions. Right now my top pick is the Ugoos SK1. I was about to get the Zidoo until I realized you have to get a separate firmware for android apps.

Ugoos SK1
Zidoo Z9X 8k
Minix U8k Ultra
Dune HD Pro 8k Plus

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - signde - 2024-10-07

(2024-10-06, 23:42)hjames19 Wrote: Does anyone know when the new Android TV boxes will be coming out or announced? I’m trying to hold off on the Dune Homatics box but I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to wait. I searched all over for a newer box but haven’t found anything yet.

Which new Android TV boxes are you talking about?

If you are referring to the new SEI S905X5 boxes, everything I have read is we are probably looking at 2025 before we see any retail versions of them.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hjames19 - 2024-10-07

Yeah. The boxes with the s905x5 soc. I was hoping to see them release this month. If we are looking at next year then I’ll probably go ahead with the Dune Homatics box.

Unless you know of an Android TV box with the new Android TV and Android OS with a newer soc than the Homatics box.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - signde - 2024-10-08

(2024-10-07, 00:28)hjames19 Wrote: Yeah. The boxes with the s905x5 soc. I was hoping to see them release this month. If we are looking at next year then I’ll probably go ahead with the Dune Homatics box.

Unless you know of an Android TV box with the new Android TV and Android OS with a newer soc than the Homatics box.

I'm just parroting what I can remember so some of this might be wrong but the thread on this was just bumped on avsoforum.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/sei-robotics-s905x5m-ai-sr-android-14-atv-box.3302822/?post_id=63582169#post-63582169

What is being released first won't even be able for purchase at retail.

I wouldn't wait, personally.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hjames19 - 2024-10-08

Thanks for that info.

I’m not waiting. I ordered the Dune HD Homatics box. I’m going to compare it to the Homatics box I already have.

Now I just need to pick a box just for my local digital movies.

My options are.

H96 Max Rockchip RK3576 8K Android 14.0 TV Box
Ugoos SK1
Zidoo Z9X 8K
Dune HD Pro 8k Plus

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hjames19 - 2024-10-08

Or the Friendlyelec NanoPC-T6.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - MediaPi - 2024-10-10

@hdmkv

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/kinhank-g1/50905/358

with this and if you don't have a box with the new firmware, the G1 kinhank could be a good box?

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hdmkv - 2024-10-10

Nice, thanks for the heads-up. Will test it out, and revisit CE performance w/G1.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - wolfi0704 - 2024-10-10

Hallo, können Sie dann einen kurzen Vergleich hier posten welche Box besser ist.
Interessiere mich auch für die Dune Variante.
Gruß Wolfgang

[Mod edit] This is an English only forum, if needed use Google Translate.

For the benefit of our users here is the post using Google Tranlate

Hello, can you then post a short comparison here which box is better. I'm also interested in the dune version. Greetings Wolfgang

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hdmkv - 2024-10-10

Welche Box besser ist, hängt von Ihren Bedürfnissen ab. Bitte lesen Sie Beitrag Nr. 1. Wenn Sie Homatics vs. Dune Homatics meinen, bietet ersteres eine bessere Unterstützung, aber die Leistung sollte gleich sein. Gleiche Hardware.

[Mod edit] And the response is according to Google Translate.

Which box is better depends on your needs. Please read post no. 1. If you mean Homatics vs. Dune Homatics, the former offers better support, but the performance should be the same. Same hardware.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - nowwhereman - 2024-10-11

I got my AM6+ and spent the night setting it up with CE. Everything is mostly working, but I'm having a problem with the screen going black for a second here and there. It seems random but it's only happening while playing videos? Is this a known issue?

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - hdmkv - 2024-10-11

Not that I'm aware of. Guessing it's a HDMI cable issue, or something HDMI handshake related. Try another cable; may be as simple as that.

RE: Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024 - nowwhereman - 2024-10-12

Yeah the HDMI cable they sent was bad, replaced it and the black screens have gone away.