Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
Linux Smart Resume to play on linux kodi 2024 retroplayer
Hello, i made this quick guide because i find the install information confusing on kodi, most of Windows resources do not work as espected, and is just and update how-to-install on linux, i made it on fresh new install debian and ubuntu based Xubuntu machine.

frist you need the base os plugin libretro installing it with standar source (do not use nighty)
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-game-libretro

Them libreto biostolols do it the best for you
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337567
install the addon (the best method is installing first the Zack`s repository)
and configure it. You will need your original bios on configuration options, every time that you start kodi and plugin, bios 

After you configure bios tools, use Zack`s libretro buildbot that do the magic
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345619
again, install and download emulator.

Them add rom source as usual you ad video o music sources, review your instaler plugins to know what type of file they can open. Finally open rom file and pop-up will you ask to choice desired emulator. Take care that some rom can cash with "X" emulator but Works with "Y", so you must test rom one-by-one to know which one that rom works good. Some times can carchs after play and go back to kodi, in that case try with another emulator.
Hallo bei meinem AppleTV Kodi 21 bekomme ich kein Emulator drauf. Bitte um hilfe danke euch
try to speak in english, as well probably not are over here not too much english native. Applte tv is not a open souce SO, and here are not easy ways to install it. If you want full control of kodi move your hardware to open source.
Code:

This uses the kodi PPA, which has been discontinued. Check the version of game.libretro in the add-on manager. The most recent versions are v20.2.7 for Nexus and v21.0.6 for Omega. If you installed an older version from the PPA you may have problems. Unfortunately the only workaround is to build the add-on from source. A flatpak is also available with the latest version of game.libretro, but it may be missing other emulator cores. If you'd like specific cores included in the flatpak, we can add them, we just need a feature request.
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
For now, on 20 and 21 kodi, old ppa libretro works like a charm.

The ppa only install base libretro, next, you need install one by one (core) or emulators using zacks addons. i recomend that configuration at least on ubuntu based distro. And easyest way to make work on kodi, and very similar to retroarch.

You may know that some emularors will not work. Like dreamcast, but they can be sustituyed by sega pico.

As you mentioned, individual emulators from ppa are unusable.
Flatpack install is presenting some issues and it have no my benditions. i prefer use standard method to avoid problems. I´m trying to build your new version on ubuntu, for now cmake have some issues building.

Ubuntu dont need install cores from ppa, the easyest way is use addon, that buids on demand, but libretro compatibility needs to be instaled first.

Instaled version from ppa is 20.2.7

Not luck today
Quote:/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: can not find -lunistring
/usr/bin/ld.gold: error: can not find -lunistring
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/build.make:577: kodi.bin] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:5867: CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2

next, i will try to build just addon and update
https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libretro
Good day @garbear, i want to upgrade from 20 to 21 retroplayer addon, there are some valuable upgrades to do. We are not using flatpack and ubuntu suport are removed so i need buid them from source code.

According to documentation this is the way to build

Quote:Build Kodi per usual. If you are developing binary add-ons using a local prefix, specifying it during the cmake step:

mkdir build && cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kodi
make -j8
But, if y review doc files on linux i can find:
Quote:```
sudo make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/usr/local
```

Build specific add-ons:
```
sudo make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/usr/local ADDONS="audioencoder.flac pvr.vdr.vnsi audiodecoder.snesapu"
```

Build a specific group of add-ons:
```
sudo make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/usr/local ADDONS="pvr.*"
```

Clean-up binary add-ons:
```
sudo make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons clean
```

For additional information on regular expression usage for ADDONS_TO_BUILD, view ADDONS_TO_BUILD section located here [Kodi add-ons CMake based buildsystem](../cmake/addons/README.md)

But them on Libretro wrapper for Kodi's Game API say:
Quote:Building this add-on requires Kodi's internal CMake-based build system for binary add-ons. If you are cross-compiling or just packaging the add-on, it is recommended that you use the Makefile provided with Kodi.

The Makefile will download, build and install the add-on and its dependencies. There is no need to manually clone the add-on if Kodi's source is available.

The version fetched by Kodi's build system is defined by a text file included with Kodi at project/cmake/addons/addons/game.libretro or fetched from the binary add-ons repo specified in cmake/addons/bootstrap/repositories/binary-addons.txt.

Building on Linux

First, make sure Kodi's add-on build system is installed somewhere. You can perform a system install (to /usr/local) or a local install (I prefer $HOME/kodi). Specify this when you build Kodi:

./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=$HOME/kodi
make
make install
Now, run the Makefile with the path to the build system:

cd tools/depends/target/binary-addons
make PREFIX=$HOME/kodi ADDONS="game.libretro"
You can specify multiple add-ons, and wildcards are accepted too. For example, ADDONS="pvr.*" will build all pvr add-ons.

On Linux this performs a cross-compile install, so to package the add-on you'll need to copy the library and add-on files manually:

mkdir game.libretro
cp -r $HOME/kodi/share/kodi/addons/game.libretro/ .
cp -r $HOME/kodi/lib/kodi/addons/game.libretro/ .

I´m not very sure what is the correct way to build since the first attemp fails, now is a my build error or a procedure error. There is not also any question about how to build this particular addon on linux forum, and i dont want to build entire kodi, just update.
thanks in advance.
(2024-06-27, 08:45)marvin2k Wrote: Hello, i made this quick guide because i find the install information confusing on kodi, most of Windows resources do not work as espected, and is just and update how-to-install on linux, i made it on fresh new install debian and ubuntu based Xubuntu machine. age of war

frist you need the base os plugin libretro installing it with standar source (do not use nighty)
Code:

Them libreto biostolols do it the best for you
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337567
install the addon (the best method is installing first the Zack`s repository)
and configure it. You will need your original bios on configuration options, every time that you start kodi and plugin, bios 

After you configure bios tools, use Zack`s libretro buildbot that do the magic
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345619
again, install and download emulator.

Them add rom source as usual you ad video o music sources, review your instaler plugins to know what type of file they can open. Finally open rom file and pop-up will you ask to choice desired emulator. Take care that some rom can cash with "X" emulator but Works with "Y", so you must test rom one-by-one to know which one that rom works good. Some times can carchs after play and go back to kodi, in that case try with another emulator.
The PPA installs the base Libretro, and you need to install individual cores or emulators using Zacks addons. This method is recommended for ease of use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Resume to play on linux kodi 2024 retroplayer0