Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 140(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
A comment about the reviews, not sure if either of you have looked at the official android app “Kore” on this forum but if people are complaining about the iOS app they certainly haven’t tried the android counterpart. In this thread we fuss over minutia compared to what is going on over in android land.
Reporting this in case your previous scroll bar fix doesn’t account for this scenario.

If you perform a search in the libraries in list view the scroll bar disappears.
(2024-09-07, 02:56)amasephy Wrote: Reporting this in case your previous scroll bar fix doesn’t account for this scenario.

If you perform a search in the libraries in list view the scroll bar disappears.
Confirmed. Needed to change the approach again. Now I have a real simple solution which sets the bar visibility each time scrolling is used. Not sure, if I would touch this again, if it should fail in future. These iOS issues really waste my time.
(2024-09-07, 01:24)amasephy Wrote: A comment about the reviews, not sure if either of you have looked at the official android app “Kore” on this forum but if people are complaining about the iOS app they certainly haven’t tried the android counterpart. In this thread we fuss over minutia compared to what is going on over in android land.
Yes, I used it from time to time to double check some things like missing covers and such. I am aware the app got overhauled completely, looks like this caused some trouble. I even responded to some users there as the issues reported are sometimes generic ones which depend on Kodi and its interface...
Just found another minor issue: The Play function on a Movie Set does exactly nothing. Same for Queue etc. Only Movie Set Details works.
PR for this open for review since a few weeks.
Quick update: The changes from last weeks have been reviewed, adapted and merged. Now a few additional ones came in. Once done, another TF build can be provided.
Thanks for the update!

I have a small request- I know it’s very early days for iOS 18 but with the change to allow dark mode icons on the Home Screen would it be possible to make a dark themed app icon for this app? I know some apps in the past have allowed you to select from various styles. For example, the khan academy app gives like five options so this wouldn’t need to be exclusively tied to iOS 18.
My son proposed the same today 😆
Need to figure out, if this requires a new XCode/SDK, which I guess we will only change, if AppStore forces us to. Reason being, that each time this happens the support for older iOS versions is removed. And disconnecting users of old iOS from the app development for icon colors is not desired.
Yes, thanks. I just realized that my iPad and the iPad used by my wife both have been categorized as „too old“ for iOS 18 by Apple. Sad
Pretty sure custom icons has been a thing for a few years. Khan Academy has had it for several years now. It’s a little different than the iOS 18 thing as I believe that is designed to work seamlessly with the OS theme. In khan it’s just a setting you pick to change the icon.
I am running Xcode 15.2. This does not have the support for dark or tinted app icons. To run newer Xcode I would need to update my macbook to a new OS version (at least macOS 14.5). I am not planning to do this in a rush.

I assume the new icon appearance feature requires Xcode 16, and the app would need to be built and released with it as well. This will most likely cause the minimum supported iOS version to increase -- currently it is iOS 12. Usually, the new Xcode will be enforced Q1 or Q2 next year.
As long as the App continues to work with iOS 17, I‘m fine. Smile
Thank you for looking into it Buschel.
@amasephy, did you already see any other problems with iOS18? Like missing scrollbars, transparent navigation bars or misaligned texts (some examples of what happened in the past)?
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0