Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 127(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
I confirm both glitches (shortly visible default nowplaying cover and moving labels in info overlay). I will take a deeper look now.

Edit: Could fix/improve both.
The next TF build, which should come around weekend, will be the last before 15.0 release. It has a reasonably large amount of changes, including a new feature (watched flags for seasons), several improvements and bugfixes. After this build only hot fixes for showstopper issues will be made. In ideal case the next TF build will be released unchanged. So, please report any issue you feel relevant soon to allow me to react in time before release.
Thanks for the update Buschel.

I took another look at the iPad app and found another bug related to full screen now playing.

You are able to resize the main menu just by dragging along the left side of the screen.

Interestingly, while in full screen mode you don’t seem to have to grab onto the divider to resize the main menu. Dragging anywhere along the edge will resize it. Very easy to reproduce.

Edit: Another iPad bug. You aren’t going to be happy about this. Full screen library search bar is broken. Has the too large problem until you tap in it.
Thanks for reporting.

1. Resizable main menu in fullscreen-> fixed
2. Searchbar -> the fix is not integrated yet. All good Smile
Good deal. I knew you had a fix for the iPhone search bar. Wasn’t sure if it was going to fix iPad issue. 👍🏻

Main menu issue was a total fluke I even noticed it. Glad to have gotten that fix in time for the final TF build.

At this point I don’t expect myself to find any further issues. I’ve tested about as thoroughly as I can. 🙂
Probably not worth working on this if you think it even should be looked at for this release but randomly came across this. If you have the app open and connected to a session and then cut your WiFi connection the app will stay in a usable state - especially the remote screen.

I turned off WiFi earlier and came back to the app and forgot WiFi was still off. After several button presses nothing happened and then eventually the app showed disconnected.

However, when I connected back to WiFi all of the button presses I did while not connected to WiFi were “saved up” and executed upon connecting.

Seems to me that if the command can’t be executed they shouldn’t be queued like this?
I agree, the app should not queue up button presses while not connected. Will review the code to see, if I can refuse to send the command at a central place. Or just let them time out earlier ...

The app should at least have shown the recently ed light to signal the lost connection, did it?
Its takes a bit for it to disconnect. To test just load up the app, then suspend the app, disable WiFi on your device then resume the app.

Maybe you can implement a method that checks for a connection to Kodi server immediately upon resuming a suspended session.

Still, like you agreed on, commands should not be queued up.

Edit: I went back and looked and even when the connection status glyph turns red you can still interact with the remote control if that was the screen you were on when the connection was severed. Suspending the app is not required. I just bring the iOS control center up and turn off WiFi. Wait for glyph to turn red. Then press up a few times. Then turn Wifi back on and the inputs that are queued are executed.
Yes, the buttons are not blocked even though the red icon is shown. Just wanted to check with you, if the red light worked.

For now I would like avoid messing around with OnOff before the next release. The quick solution I had in mind does have undesired side effects, so I need to spend more time on this one.
Alright I initially misunderstood. Yes, your persistent connection icon works flawlessly. 🙂 Takes about 5 seconds for the status to update and display red. I’m assuming this is by design and is whatever poll rate the app has established.
Yep, the heartbeat timer uses 3 seconds intervals.

Edit: I found an elegant enough way to for the queueing-while-disconnect issue. But I will not bring this for 1.15 to give it more testing time afterwards.
1.15 build 4451
Release Notes

We're heading for 1.15 release. This build fixes recently reported issues, adds some improvements and supports "watched" flag for seasons. Details can be found in the Release Notes.

Happy weekend!
All items that I could test are working as expected now. 👍🏻 I really like the transparency between list and collection views. Its change is subtle but nice.

Sadly I do have some bad news. There still seems to be a problem with the iPad search bar. I’m thinking this is a regression? Bring up a library collection. Reveal the search bar. If you happen to press Cancel before interacting with the search bar then the search bar is effectively broken. You can type search terms in but no filtering occurs. Furthermore, sliding the library list does not dismiss the keyboard. Finally, attempting to clear the search term with the clear button fails as well.

This does not happen on my iPhone.
Thanks for the quick feedback. I confirm the search problem, but cannot imagine this caused by the recent changes. Can you try to check this is the TF builds before this new one? I will look into this now.

Edit: It's there for older builds as well.
Alright, I really wasn’t sure if it was a regression. I really don’t use iPad app except for general testing. Even this was an accident that I even found the glitch.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0