Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 141(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
I always wait until the .2 release to upgrade iOS. I only knew about the icon changes because I was reading up on the changes.

Btw, no app changes are required for tinting app icons as far as I’ve read. iOS will simply apply that to any app icons at the system level unless I’ve been mislead by the YouTubers. 🙂
(2024-09-17, 20:08)amasephy Wrote: Btw, no app changes are required for tinting app icons as far as I’ve read. iOS will simply apply that to any app icons at the system level 

yes, that's true. But apps can opt in to provide custom dark icon.
Exactly, and I suspect it’s the dark icon that will be more popular option. Tinting seems interesting but personally feels a bit gimmicky.

I can’t wait until next year for this app’s icon to be updated. I’m sure there will be a wait on many apps to support this new behavior. 🙂

Worst case scenario I know it’s possible to use the shortcuts app to create custom app icons.
From my iPhone, which my company already pushed to iOS 18, I can tell that it seems that most apps provide dedicated custom icons. Only apps that also fail to deliver in other areas fail also to deliver a good experience with the tinting icons feature. So, if we don’t want to get the Kodi App sorted into this category, maybe @Buschel needs to upgrade his Mac and …

No, just joking. Wink

Maybe someone could check how the current icon is affected by applying the tinting feature to it?
Tint works well, my son just tested it. Only the dark mode icon is not automatically colored and awaits an update from my and kambala's side.
👍 Good to know!
Light > Dark > Red Tint
1.16 build 4657
Release Notes

Next TF build towards 1.16 arrived. This comes with a huge set of changes, details can be seen from the Release Notes link shared above.

Few highlights:
- Supports "Play using" (playback to an UPnP renderer) from Kodi 21.0 on
- Queue and Play a full season via longpress menu
- Entering Music and Video addons works again
- @UlfSchmidt, font scaling is now limited for improved look & feel
- @gavinstevenson, this build has the embedded trailer changes and the movie tag support
- @amasephy, performance for sync of movies / global search should be back to normal
- @kassysimon, navigation bar's remote icon always open full screen remote on iPhone
Updated to Sonoma and did a quick change with Xcode 16 for iOS 18 light/dark/tint app icon: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jnw487h1n...3o1au&dl=0

Looks like we are not even losing old users (for now). Lowest support OS is still iOS 12. I did not test further for any glitches yet.
Just found out the fix for the small "iPad stack bounce" issue after full screen (https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re.../pull/1113) caused a bigger regression (after entering the fullscreen art of a movie, you not rotate it anymore and leaving it renders the stack in unusable state). I might need to roll back this fix, if I cannot find the proper solution quick.
Well that was a delightful surprise. (The icon stuff). Will test stuff later. 👍🏻

Edit: Initial thoughts. Fixes seem good so far. I have two issues.

1) Movie tag view padding seems like it could use some improvement. The bottom line needs some padding at the bottom.

2) Even more importantly refreshing the cache (sync) for movie sets does not work. I noticed this last build but figured it was part of the extra stuff you added to the cache. Now it fails pretty quickly. I get a red toaster notification saying request timed out. The. The app disconnects from Kodi and the connection indicator goes red.

- just rolled back to the oldest tf (4465.42) available and it fails there too but there’s no error message. The app just disconnects from the server. Looks like this has been a problem longer than I thought.
1. The padding looks fine to me. The table just shows the visible area, so sometimes yo will not see the last cell's full height.
2. Works flawless for me. Can you share any more details like Kodi version, amount to movie sets you see in Kodi, is "only show sets with >1 movies" active?
Where do I find that setting for movie sets?

Did just add a few new movie sets. It’s probably gotten too large now. I recently added the Bond and Fast and Furious sets which combined is around 40 more movies. I have 61 movie sets in total.

Edit: Latest Kodi 21.1

Movie sets were always the slowest to refresh the sync for the past few years.

Edit 2: Another observation. Really minor issue. We’ve seen this before elsewhere in the app. If you are inside of a movie set and bring up a search so the keyboard is visible. Navigate back slightly and the keyboard slides away to the right instead of down like in most places in the app. Same problem exists in tv show seasons.

Edit 3: Reason I brought up padding is if you look at the word century the Y becomes a V because the bottom is cut off. Really minor and I doubt I’ll use the tag view but figured I would bring it up.
(2024-09-20, 01:29)amasephy Wrote: Where do I find that setting for movie sets?
Settings > Videos > Include sets containing a single movie
(2024-09-20, 01:29)amasephy Wrote: Edit 2: Another observation. Really minor issue. We’ve seen this before elsewhere in the app. If you are inside of a movie set and bring up a search so the keyboard is visible. Navigate back slightly and the keyboard slides away to the right instead of down like in most places in the app. Same problem exists in tv show seasons.
I see two use cases.
1. You go back / slide back a pane which has "<" on top left navigation bar. Then the keyboard moves with the pane.
2. You go back / slide back to main menu "burger" on top left navigation bar. Then the keyboard moves down.
I am not even sure how to control this behaviour ...
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0