Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 149(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2024-10-07, 21:26)amasephy Wrote: Might you be able to investigate improving the logic used for not starting in main menu?
I will, but it doesn't look that bad, and it's over pretty quick Smile
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0ipi3lts4...j5ftm&dl=0
Much appreciated. Yes it is fast, in fact so fast I could barely see what was going on in the video. I know you know exactly what I mean by it feeling hacky with the screens having to shuffle like that. Fingers are crossed you come up with a more elegant solution.

Btw, I would say at least half the time the screens don’t shuffle on me even with the current implementation. I haven’t isolated why that happens.
(2024-10-07, 21:36)amasephy Wrote: Btw, I would say at least half the time the screens don’t shuffle on me even with the current implementation. I haven’t isolated why that happens.
You refer to starting the app with a non-mainmenu view and a last mode?
Yes, I have it set to start in remote control view. Upon resuming the app sometimes it goes back to this view when reconnecting, other times it stays where it resumed. Might have something to do with whether Kodi server is fully launched or not when I start the app up.

From a fresh app launch it always goes to remote view after making a connection.
@Buschel, I share your initial thoughts that this is or at least feels really too fast Smile

Maybe if you either follow amasephy‘s idea of adding a toast message or if you simply show some green ✅ nicely animated briefly in the middle of the screen? I think something like this would make it more user friendly. Adding simply a delay wouldn’t be my favorite solution.

(As always, my thoughts are only valid from the iPad perspective)
That's easy when using the standard "toaster" message:
Edit: Now with optimization for "start view" different to main menu. Sequence: server connects > no server selected > connection error The server list is simply hidden until an error occurs. This is only done in case of non-"main menu" configuration for the "start view".
I knew you would figure out a solution! Very excited to try this out now. 👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks for suggesting the toaster messages, they really make the difference. This way the near-instant connection can be kept and users are still kept informed about what's going on. Will be more than enough to avoid users feeling something went wrong. And again: 0.2-0.3 seconds Smile
Can you tell I’m a huge fan of toasted messages. 🙂 You’ve added them in several locations based on my feedback.

With this latest change I cannot really think of any area in the app that is slow to respond anymore. Everything is pretty much instant now.
Smile The only thing I become a bit worried about, is the fact that with the recent message rework (after 1.15 release) there will be sporadic "Disconnect" messages visible and not only the intermediate change of the connection status icon to red. This might confuse users, but is caused when the server is under high load and cannot respond to the heartbeat check in time. In 1.15 and earlier this message was only visible in the server list view.
That must be what I was experiencing when syncing movie collections.
Exactly.
Found by review -- the iPhone's playlist toggle button thumb now has a much higher resolution and correct aspect ratios (the white background was just for debugging):
1.16 build 4768
Release Notes

Next mainline build with quite some changes under the hood. This includes the fast connect, reworked iPad stack, improved search result presentation, support for Brazilian Portuguese and several bugfixes for layout, animation and functions. Please see the release notes for details.

@kambala, thanks for the time spent on reviewing and helping to improve the code!
This version of the App looks and behaves really mature. Very good job! 👍
For me worth an immediate public release!
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0