Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 5(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2
New full-screen movie info is great!

Is there a way to sort the films of a certain director, which are to the right of his picture, by the year the film was released?

https://imgur.com/PePrXHw
Thanks for the update.
Not sure about the trailers..much preferred how the trailers showed in fuse.
How they played in the background on the information screen on auto play instead of popping up a window straight away like now in fuse 2
Can this be an option ?
This skin is great but it is also confusing. Can you use the widgets and open in dialogue window in the new hubs or only in the Home hub? I want categories of an addon be in a pop up window instead of in a widget.
(2024-10-09, 06:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-08, 23:49)spursgalea Wrote: @jurialmunkey, first of all, what a great job on this skin! I think this is my favorite all-time skin that I have ever used, and that's including the original Fuse. It runs so much smoother. You've really done a fantastic job.

I would like to ask you if this is a glitch or designed this way. I have everything set up the way I like it. On my Galaxy Fold, I would like to have detailed information toggled on under widgets. The problem I'm having is that I can only use the first row of widgets. I can't use the widgets below. I can scroll up and down and see all my widgets, but I can't use them. The only way I can use them on my Fold is if I toggle detailed information off, and then I can use all widgets as I should be able to. I do have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on, so I know that's not the issue. I would like to know either way. Thank you!

Touch support is always bad in Kodi.

Enabling the option in expert settings for "mouse-friendly widgets". might help.
Thanks for suggesting this .I have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on.if there no fix for this I will keep detailed information off.thanks for your reply.
Thanks for this new Skin
looks amazing!
@jurialmunkey no worries thanks for explaining
(2024-10-09, 13:51)austyfrosty102996 Wrote: This skin is great but it is also confusing. Can you use the widgets and open in dialogue window in the new hubs or only in the Home hub? I want categories of an addon be in a pop up window instead of in a widget.

Open in dialog will cause the path of a shortcut to open in a dialog instead of a new window when you click the shortcut. *I'm* confused by how you find that confusing! It literally does what it says - I'm not sure how it can be made any clearer.

It can be used for any shortcut (i.e. any hub category item, or any home menu item ) that has a folder path (i.e. something that opens as a plugin/library directory, not a command). It has nothing to do with widgets (the option is only visible for shortcuts, not widgets, so I'm not sure why you're even talking about widgets).

For e.g. if you set a category (the buttons at the top of the hub) shortcut as "videodb://movies/genres" then enabling "open in dialog" for that item will mean that when you click on that category button, it will open that list of genres in a pop-out dialog instead of opening a new library window as they normally would.
Arctic Fuse 2 - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-10-09, 14:11)spursgalea Wrote:
(2024-10-09, 06:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-08, 23:49)spursgalea Wrote: @jurialmunkey, first of all, what a great job on this skin! I think this is my favorite all-time skin that I have ever used, and that's including the original Fuse. It runs so much smoother. You've really done a fantastic job.

I would like to ask you if this is a glitch or designed this way. I have everything set up the way I like it. On my Galaxy Fold, I would like to have detailed information toggled on under widgets. The problem I'm having is that I can only use the first row of widgets. I can't use the widgets below. I can scroll up and down and see all my widgets, but I can't use them. The only way I can use them on my Fold is if I toggle detailed information off, and then I can use all widgets as I should be able to. I do have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on, so I know that's not the issue. I would like to know either way. Thank you!

Touch support is always bad in Kodi.

Enabling the option in expert settings for "mouse-friendly widgets". might help.
Thanks for suggesting this .I have mouse-friendly widgets toggled on.if there no fix for this I will keep detailed information off.thanks for your reply.

Yeah i think detailed will make it a bit difficult because you essentially have to scroll so that the widget sits perfectly in the "slot" where it would go naturally from using remote/keys -- if it is even a little off so that a part of the widget hitbox is outside of the grouplist visible area, then Kodi thinks the entire widget is outside and so doesn't accept input for it.

With detailed off (and mouse friendly on), you've got a much larger area where Kodi will consider the widget still within the grouplist area and allow for interaction.
Arctic Fuse 2 - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
As always, this is outstanding! It seems to me to be a beautiful synthesis of past experiences, reflecting both passion and intelligence. I look forward to exploring all of this in detail.

I am also very happy to see that some of my suggestions made during the design of Fuse 1 are reflected in this new version. I hope you won't mind if I submit some new ideas, such as integrating a Trakt logo to indicate the saved movies in the watchlist. (assuming that it is feasible)

Thanks again for sharing, Jurial! This really contributes to evolving the user experience of media players ! Smile
(2024-10-10, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-09, 06:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: Touch support is always bad in Kodi.

Thank you for the explanation this afternoon. I had a brainwave and it worked! I would like to give feedback on what I did. For each widget with detailed information, I created a side menu shortcut (for example, "Next Episode" for TV shows and movies). Once I have set it all up, a long press on a shortcut on the side menu (for example, "Movies") will then focus the movies widget. I just wanted to share my feedback with others who would like to use the skin on both phone and Android TV. Again, keep up the good work. It's a great skin. Unless you come up with something better in the future, this will be the skin I use for a long time.

Yeah i think detailed will make it a bit difficult because you essentially have to scroll so that the widget sits perfectly in the "slot" where it would go naturally from using remote/keys -- if it is even a little off so that a part of the widget hitbox is outside of the grouplist visible area, then Kodi thinks the entire widget is outside and so doesn't accept input for it.

With detailed off (and mouse friendly on), you've got a much larger area where Kodi will consider the widget still within the grouplist area and allow for interaction.
(2024-10-10, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-09, 06:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: Touch support is always bad in Kodi.

Thank you for the explanation this afternoon. I had a brainwave and it worked! I would like to give feedback on what I did. For each widget with detailed information, I created a side menu shortcut (for example, "Next Episode" for TV shows and movies). Once I have set it all up, a long press on a shortcut on the side menu (for example, "Movies") will then it it will focus the movies widget then I can use the widget with no problems.I just wanted to share my feedback with others who would like to use the skin on both phone and Android TV. Again, keep up the good work. It's a great skin. Unless you come up with something better in the future, this will be the skin I
Small details like this are why I completely made the switch from AF1
just notice that we're now able to see the art in a dialog when choosing a different artwork ✨️
"Thank you @jurialmunkey for your magnificent work.
I need to report a problem:
I created a custom hub in complex mode for my movies and series, but unfortunately (even with automatic trailers enabled) in the spotlight they are not being displayed.
@jurialmunkey , I have a question/suggestion
When making the widgets, I would like one to simply list the various playlists I have.
Is there a possibility that, instead of showing empty, it would take the cover of the first movie/series of the list and show it inside?
It looks amazing and works very well with mouse so well done.
However, I probably missed something but I can't find the button to refresh the library? I see 5 options at the bottom, just not the refresh one.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse 20