Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 6(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2
(2024-10-11, 22:55)Severian Wrote: It looks amazing and works very well with mouse so well done.
However, I probably missed something but I can't find the button to refresh the library? I see 5 options at the bottom, just not the refresh one.

I think it is unnecessary to have a library update button here.

If you need frequent access to a button to update the library, you can add a shortcut to the options/power menu (the menu that pops up pressing back from home).
Skin settings > Customise widgets > Options (it's down the bottom).

You can find the shortcut for updating the library under the "Kodi commands" section when choosing a shortcut.
Arctic Fuse 2 - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Been using AH2 for a while and saw this was released. It’s great. Seems quicker on the FireStick. One question I have though. Is it possible to have the “detailed information” only be for certain/some widgets and not others or is it an all on or all off kind of thing?
(2024-10-12, 04:36)amcottre Wrote: Been using AH2 for a while and saw this was released. It’s great. Seems quicker on the FireStick. One question I have though. Is it possible to have the “detailed information” only be for certain/some widgets and not others or is it an all on or all off kind of thing?

On/Off for all.

I was looking for a way to have it be individually chosen per widget but I couldn't get it working in a way I liked. I dislike how it is animated in AH2 (where each info panel fades in/out and the widget travels across it) and I couldn't find a good way to achieve how I'd like it to behave with the info panel in a static position -- so, at least for now, it is a global setting for the whole window.
On my setup, my home page is window 1007. On it I have my menu items redirecting to other windows(1001, 1002, 1008, 1009). When I click on that item, for instance on "TV Shows" it is confugurated do activate window 1002 and brings a new set of menu items as widgets. Since last update, when I click , the opening window appears for a few seconds. I'm I doing something wrong?
(2024-10-12, 03:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-11, 22:55)Severian Wrote: It looks amazing and works very well with mouse so well done.
However, I probably missed something but I can't find the button to refresh the library? I see 5 options at the bottom, just not the refresh one.

I think it is unnecessary to have a library update button here.

If you need frequent access to a button to update the library, you can add a shortcut to the options/power menu (the menu that pops up pressing back from home).
Skin settings > Customise widgets > Options (it's down the bottom).

You can find the shortcut for updating the library under the "Kodi commands" section when choosing a shortcut.

Got it, thanks!
(2024-10-12, 12:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-12, 04:36)amcottre Wrote: Been using AH2 for a while and saw this was released. It’s great. Seems quicker on the FireStick. One question I have though. Is it possible to have the “detailed information” only be for certain/some widgets and not others or is it an all on or all off kind of thing?

On/Off for all.

I was looking for a way to have it be individually chosen per widget but I couldn't get it working in a way I liked. I dislike how it is animated in AH2 (where each info panel fades in/out and the widget travels across it) and I couldn't find a good way to achieve how I'd like it to behave with the info panel in a static position -- so, at least for now, it is a global setting for the whole window.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something 🤣 appreciate the response/explanation
Useless message. Sorry
After hours of use, I confirm that Fuse 2 is exceptional. Special mention for the clear and elegant Research Hub.

@jurialmunkey

The only slight flaw in ergonomics that I find for the moment, on the home page (when not displaying details), we get a little lost when we scroll the list of Widgets, sometimes we go from one category/section to another without realizing it, for example, Film to TV Series. By choosing different Widgets between the different sections it helps a little.

But maybe leaving the side panel open would further improve the visibility of where we are?

Or maybe there should be a different dynamic effect when we move from one section to another?

Or, display the name of the next section between the last Widget and the first Widget of the next section?

For the rest, nothing to say.  Love
@jurialmunkey
Does this new interface still allow the Widget Board (S) ?
(2024-10-12, 16:23)Bindou Wrote:
(2024-10-07, 15:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-07, 13:10)Kabaal Wrote: Is there a setting to remove the Spotlight or more specifically it's buttons? I've set things up via Hub so it uses the combined method for widgets and since I use those widgets for anything the spotlight would show anyway it's not much use to me and is just an extra button press needed to before I can get to said widgets.

Not currently but it is planned. This was one of the reasons for rearranging the order of categories/spotlight/widgets so that it'd be possible to disable the spotlight entirely.

Being able to turn off Spotlight is a feature I'm also really looking forward to. Big Grin
This was added recently... To switch off spotlight, click on the spotlight... there's a toggle at the top to either use or disable spotlight
Thanks for the info Rinicko100. It's perfect now !

Do you know if Jurial did not put back the Small Board Widgets for technical reasons ?
(2024-10-12, 20:20)Bindou Wrote: Thanks for the info Rinicko100. It's perfect now !

Do you know if Jurial did not put back the Small Board Widgets for technical reasons ?

I think it was stated somewhere by Jurial that the smaller widget types may come to classic mode... can't find where I saw it though
(2024-10-12, 16:47)Bindou Wrote: The only slight flaw in ergonomics that I find for the moment, on the home page (when not displaying details), we get a little lost when we scroll the list of Widgets, sometimes we go from one category/section to another without realizing it, for example, Film to TV Series. By choosing different Widgets between the different sections it helps a little.

You can disable the moving between groups if you find it disorientating.

Skin Settings > Menus > Side Menu > Move between widget groups.

(2024-10-12, 20:20)Bindou Wrote: Do you know if Jurial did not put back the Small Board Widgets for technical reasons ?

Technical reasons.

No small sized widgets (at least for now).
(2024-10-13, 09:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-12, 16:47)Bindou Wrote: The only slight flaw in ergonomics that I find for the moment, on the home page (when not displaying details), we get a little lost when we scroll the list of Widgets, sometimes we go from one category/section to another without realizing it, for example, Film to TV Series. By choosing different Widgets between the different sections it helps a little.

You can disable the moving between groups if you find it disorientating.

Skin Settings > Menus > Side Menu > Move between widget groups.
(2024-10-12, 20:20)Bindou Wrote: Do you know if Jurial did not put back the Small Board Widgets for technical reasons ?

Technical reasons.

No small sized widgets (at least for now).

Thank you very much for your answers, Jurial.

I like the idea of ​​being able to navigate between categories/groups without having to go back to the sidebar, but I recognize that it can be a little confusing. Maybe it's just a matter of habit. On the other hand, I don't know if it's related to a technical constraint, a deliberate choice or an oversight, but when you disable the movement between categories/groups, there is no bounce effect at the end of the list.

Finally, when we navigate in the horizontal list of categories within a Hub, pressing the "Back" key takes us out of the Hub. Wouldn't it be possible to make this key first reposition the cursor at the beginning of the list of categories, and only then exit the Hub? This would make navigation in the Hub a little less "volatile".

As for the "Small Widgets", it's not crucial, but I still hope they'll make a comeback one day. ^^

Again, a big thank you for all your work! I don't know if you're aware of it, but thanks to your skins, you've given back interest to many users who had previously abandoned Kodi in favor of competing and paid platforms.
(2024-10-08, 23:05)HisAirness23 Wrote: Great work again, @jurialmunkey. The new skin looks stunning Smile
Would it be possible that you'll add HDR10, DolbyVision and 3D Flags to AF2 this time? I am referring to the main labels in the info line next to the resolution (see picture). This extremely helps if you have multiple versions of the same media.

Also hoping focus issues with widgets in classic menu are or will get fixed in AF2. Many thanks for your great work again!

Hi @jurialmunkey,
Thanks for all of your work!

Please consider add this fgeature. It's essential by mosthly people here. I want view whats movies have Dolby Vision, only HDR or what audios format support.

Thanks again! Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse 20