Solved Artist Slideshow Not Working Properly for Music
Hi again. Still one more thing since my upgrade to v. 19.3 in Rapier. 

The Artist Slideshow doesn't seem to be working properly since the update. I have my home screen set to fanart for my music, and music videos, but I'm not getting many photos now, and I keep getting the generic Kodi picture inserted there too.

II have configured the Artist Slideshow to 5 seconds, but it seems stuck on 10 seconds. And the generic picture can sometimes stay there for a whole minute.

Not sure how to fix this. I have been trying all morning.

Looks like I may have needed to re-scan the whole music library. I'm doing that now, and will update on if that fixes it.
Finished re-scanning the whole music library. It's much better now. The only thing is I'm still getting that generic Kodi background pic. Anyway to cut that out? Where is it located and getting pulled into the fanart from?
Artist Slideshow is for displaying fanart, images and biografies during music playback.
I don't see any music playing in your screenshots?

The delay between transitions in the addon settings works perfect for me.
Are you sure you're playing music?

The regular fanart backgrounds for home screen categories use fanart from your library.
No addon is required for these backgrounds.
However, if an item has no background, fallback fanart will be used.
If no fanart can be found at all, the default background will be used.
To change the default background, go to Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Custom backgrounds > Global.

Kodi 19 has new artwork settings: https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork
Quote:However, if an item has no background, fallback fanart will be used.
If no fanart can be found at all, the default background will be used.
Thanks for explaining that. Yea, it's just for the Home screen when I'm in the music category, so it would just be fanart then. I'm not sure I follow you though when you say "if an item has no background" - what item? I have tons of fanart, which cycles through on the home screen. But every 5 or 10 pics it puts up that default background. Not sure why it's doing that. It never did that in the previous version. I just want it to cycle through my fanart, but it keeps thinking that the default background is part of the fanart? And it puts that up more than the 100's of pics I have on my PC.

Yea, it's really annoying because it shows that default pic so many times.

I should add, I don't have this problem with TV or Movie fanart cycling though on the home screen. It's only on the Music menu.

By the way, is there a way to configure how long an image stays up in the rotation?
(2021-11-10, 02:38)Pitman33 Wrote: I'm not sure I follow you though when you say "if an item has no background" - what item? I have tons of fanart, which cycles through on the home screen. But every 5 or 10 pics it puts up that default background. Not sure why it's doing that. It never did that in the previous version. I just want it to cycle through my fanart, but it keeps thinking that the default background is part of the fanart? And it puts that up more than the 100's of pics I have on my PC.

The home screen categories use fanart from your libraries.
A lot of items in your music library probably have no fanart, which is why you see the fallback background sometimes.

You need to check all items in your music library.
This was indeed the case for me, where the music category would fallback to the default background, where no fanart was found.

(2021-11-10, 02:38)Pitman33 Wrote: By the way, is there a way to configure how long an image stays up in the rotation?

Sorry no, it's 10 seconds.
The only way to change that is to edit the skin xml files directly.
Quote:The home screen categories use fanart from your libraries.
A lot of items in your music library probably have no fanart, which is why you see the fallback background sometimes.

You need to check all items in your music library.
This was indeed the case for me, where the music category would fallback to the default background, where no fanart was found.
Thanks for your reply! Ok. I'll do that. As for the fanart, can I change the location of where fanart is stored and extracted from for the backgrounds?

As for the 10 second rotation, that's fine actually. I don't need to change it.
There's more information on artwork here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork
A lot has been changed for Kodi 19.

I think you can enter a location for all music related artwork:
Settings > Media > Music > Library information sources > Artist information folder

You can also set online/local priority.
There's a lot of settings here to play around with Smile
I have been trying different things. I went through my artist folders and deleted all empty folders. I cleaned my music library. I tried different settings with regards to what you suggested
Quote:You can also set online/local priority.
There's a lot of settings here to play around with

So far nothing has worked. I'm still at a loss to understand what is it about the folders that is causing the default image to keep appearing. What exactly am I looking for? Are images drawn from 'fanart' images, and also from extrafanart folders? 

What I do notice is that in some of the artist folders, there is no fanart named image. Is that what could be causing the problem? Is it looking specifically for a jpg named 'fanart'?

So I went through every single folder and made sure there is a fanart.jpg file there for each artist folder. I'm STILL getting that frickin default picture coming up. I have no clue what to do now.
Update. It's working now. I didn't have Picture Slideshow Screensaver installed?  How could it work without it. Anyway, after that, and selecting the folder, it seems fine now.

Oh crap! Spoke too soon. I just saw the default image again! But it did scroll through a lot of pics before that one went up. So, it seems a little better. Guess I'll just have to live with it.
(2021-12-06, 22:15)Pitman33 Wrote: I'm still at a loss to understand what is it about the folders that is causing the default image to keep appearing. What exactly am I looking for? Are images drawn from 'fanart' images, and also from extrafanart folders? 

It only looks for the fanart image registered in the database for each artist. Nothing else than this.
You could scroll through all artists in the library, one by one, to see if they all have fanart images.

(2021-12-06, 22:15)Pitman33 Wrote: What I do notice is that in some of the artist folders, there is no fanart named image. Is that what could be causing the problem? Is it looking specifically for a jpg named 'fanart'?

So I went through every single folder and made sure there is a fanart.jpg file there for each artist folder. I'm STILL getting that frickin default picture coming up. I have no clue what to do now.

If the fanart.jpg image is the image registered in the database for the current artists, Kodi and the skin will use that image.
It really all depends which image is registered in the database.
Try my above suggestion.
If you want a new fanart image for an artist, go to the artist information window and select "Choose art".
Thanks Gade. I was going through the Artist info screen in Kodito update the fanart and now the program keeps crashing. 

I started another thread on that, which can be found here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3075734
Great, I'll mark this thread as solved and look at the next one.
@Gade this is also what I wanted as well and no the aeon tajo skin does not have this feature it does not pull artist fanart  while playing current song in the homescreen cycling the fanart in the homescreen
(2022-09-16, 20:53)gemini88 Wrote: @Gade this is also what I wanted as well and no the aeon tajo skin does not have this feature it does not pull artist fanart  while playing current song in the homescreen cycling the fanart in the homescreen

Which version of Kodi and Rapier do you use?
Did you enable the Artist Slideshow setting in the skin settings?

Skin settings > Media > Music playing
- Enable visualisation / artist fanart in the background: ENABLED
- Choose background: Use only artist fanart for background / Use both music visualisation and artist fanart for background
- Fanart Slideshow: ENABLED

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow Not Working Properly for Music0