Remote can’t find Kodi
Hello – I have been using this app for a long time without many problems. However, all of a sudden the app cannot find Kodi. The IP addresses are matched (I recently set a static IP for the Nvidia shield as well as the Kodi app so I wouldn’t have to keep finding Kodi every time I rebooted the Shield). All the permissions are ticked as usual. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, still a no go. Any idea as to how to fix this?
Hi, did you go through the steps and tests to narrow down the problem which are described in this post?
I haven’t changed any configurations but it doesn’t look like I can connect with the browser on my iPhone either. Not sure what I need to change to fix this though.
Ok, then the App also cannot connect using the same IP address. Did you try to run "Find Kodi" via the App? Maybe the Kodi server resides under a different address than you expect? Btw, you can also choose "Find Kodi" with preference "Host name". This usually does not change, even if the I address changes.
Yes “find Kodi” doesn’t find it either. I double checked the ip address. It is the same and fixed for both the NVIDIA shield and the Kodi app on the shield.
Can you restore it back to old configuration, w/o setting fixed IP?
I can but I thought setting a fixed ip would help. It connected to Kodi for a while the other day but now is back to not being able to find it. Makes no sense to me.
But if the device does not connect even via browser, the issue is with either Kodi, the shield, the router or iOS itself. I cannot really comment on this.
if your Sheild is connected via wifi, check in router settings if it's blocking wireless-to-wireless connections

also, can you ping your Shield from iPhone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote can’t find Kodi0