v21 Dolby Vision - can I prioritise DV over HDR
Video 
I have just started using Omega official and was hoping to prioritise DV over HDR when playing back MKV files that support both formats. Is this supported? It seems like it is something you just just be able to toggle on or off in a menu but I'm going round in circles reading threads where nobody gives the answer.

Windows 11 PC
Denon AVR
Phillips TV
All Dolby Vision capable and have played DV via other methods outside of Kodi

TIA
Dolby Vision is not possible on Windows via Kodi.
Why not.  And when.  This is 2024 and this thing cant play DVHuh
(2024-05-02, 21:14)moeSizlak Wrote: Why not.  And when.  This is 2024 and this thing cant play DVHuh

This "thing" can play DV, Windows just can't output it. Licensed Android devices can output the format. Go and ask Microsoft when this feature will be implemented.
(2024-05-03, 00:41)sarbes Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 21:14)moeSizlak Wrote: Why not.  And when.  This is 2024 and this thing cant play DVHuh

This "thing" can play DV, Windows just can't output it. Licensed Android devices can output the format. Go and ask Microsoft when this feature will be implemented.
https://www.reddit.com/r/htpc/comments/1...dows_1011/
?
Quote:NOTE: This method utilizes LLDV, so preprocesses the DV stream into a HDR10 signal, by applying the dynamic RPU data. That's why your TV will not show the DV logo.
This method is not as good as normal "TV-led" DV, but the best we can manage atm on Windows.

Basically converts Dolby Vision to HDR10 (because Windows not outputs DV).

Then this not makes sense if all Blu-Ray's are Dolby Vision profile 7 that contains HDR10 fallback anyway (it's better use original HDR10 video track than convert DV to HDR10).

Same for streaming (Netflix, etc.) these streams are currently profile 8 that contains HDR10 compatibility without need convert anything:

xml:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 8.1, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, no metadata compression, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version HDR10+ Profile B, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

Only useful case is DV profile 5 but nowadays is almost obsolete...
Quote:applying the dynamic RPU data.
Doesn't that mean getting (or faking) EDID data from the sink/display and using that with the RPU to modify the HDR10 metadata?

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Vision - can I prioritise DV over HDR0